Shocking Sugar Content

lizzief79

Veteran
Local time
10:58 PM
We all know that fizzy drinks contain a lot of sugar and are best avoided. However, I was shocked recently to find out more about the sugar content in many drinks that I thought were OK to give my children. For example, milkshakes and flavoured waters were two I thought were good options, but they actually contain more sugar than many fizzy drinks. Which drinks are you shcoked to find are unhealthy?

I used to drink diet soda like water because I'm not a huge fan of coffee in the morning. Learning more about aspartame killed that for me. I go with no sugar or sugar supplements at all now. Usually carbonated water flavoured naturally by me.

I drink water most of the time ,it's also nice to make my own squash drinks,black currant ,lemon and eldaflower at least you can see the sugar you are putting in .. I also drink half fat milk
I have cut my coffee right out ,and energy drinks,sugary drinks are a treat and not a daily item in my diet,
Again with kids if it's in the house they will drink it,find a healthy alternative and help educate them

You thought milkshakes were a good drink option?? They're pretty well-known to be unhealthy. Anyhow, your BEST bet is water. Not "diet" anything, because while they're low in sugar, they're not all that better for you. Even fresh fruits have lots of sugar in them.

Water is the best bet for all of us, to protect our teeth and not have any gain in weight. Fresh fruit does have alot of sugar along with the fiber content as oppose to drinking juice which has a high sugar content.

Drink beer - it contains almost all known food groups - it's been sterilized by the brewing process [ that's why it was safe to drink in the past when water was usually contaminated] - it can be brewed in varying strengths and no it wont turn you into a rabid alcoholic at the first sip - you can cook with it [beef and steak pie mmmm] - you can even brew your own and thus be sure of EXACTLY what’s in it and how strong it is [and how much or little sugar is left]. Win win.
PS it tastes ok too

Drink beer - it contains almost all known food groups - it's been sterilized by the brewing process [ that's why it was safe to drink in the past when water was usually contaminated] - it can be brewed in varying strengths and no it wont turn you into a rabid alcoholic at the first sip - you can cook with it [beef and steak pie mmmm] - you can even brew your own and thus be sure of EXACTLY what’s in it and how strong it is [and how much or little sugar is left]. Win win.
PS it tastes ok too

I HATE the taste of beer...Cooking with beer is great (beer battered fish: yum!), but drinking it straight from the bottle is...meh

Water is all I need, really. I can't believe I used to drink Coca-Cola, Fanta etc. on a daily basis in the past. That stuff is so poisonous that I find it shocking how people still consume it without even giving it a second thought... And also, it's not just the sugar, I'd say, there's all sorts of other chemicals that screw you up so much I don't even want to get into it... Oh... and the "sugar free" versions are actually even worse (google "aspartam").

Any sweet tasting drink there is out there usually have a great amount of sugar if not shocking amount. I used to be really into sodas and would probably drink them once a day. I knew they were really bad but didn't admit it and kept drinking it until I got really unhealthy. I did loads of research and changed up my eating habits and now I don't even drink sodas that much. Maybe once or twice a month if I'm invited in a party or something. It's always best to look up how much sugar there is in a product you'll be consuming and search up some snacks or drinks you can eat as an alternative.

Back
Top Bottom