Show us your kitchen!

LissaC

Legendary Member
Local time
12:03 AM
I'll admit that I love looking at houses and home decor, and thought it could be fun to see people's kitchens:happy: I'll show mine first:
1666606854457.png

1666606866387.png

It's not a big kitchen and I would love to have more space. But the only thing I really hate is the tile floor. I may replace it some day in the future if I can afford it.
One thing I love is the cabinets style (I don't love the door handles and I may change them someday), and I think the countertops are really pretty too.

I would love to see your kitchens :happy:

Last edited:
I think we have a kitchen thread. :scratchhead:

CD
Do we? I looked for one but couldn't find it.

Yes we do but it was long ago - well 2018 seems a long ago to me! See here: My kitchen

Its time we had a new thread on this topic as we have changes of membership since then and also changes to members' kitchens.

Not the best photo, but the light isn't very bright this morning and the kitchen is internal. The window backs on to the mudroom and the 'sun' hidden by cloud is on the front of the house in the morning. The kitchen is in the back of the house.

The plus for this kitchen is that there is plenty of cupboard space, but we still store stuff in the mudroom which doubles as a pantry as well as a regular farmhouse mudroom.

The counter in the front left is the sum total of my working space. Everything else is taken either with airfryer/kettle/toaster/utensils/ eggs to the left of the stove top (below the microwave), recycling and compost waste to the right of the stove top or to the left of the sink, draining board, food processor, Vitamix, fruit bowl and soda stream. The shadow on the left is the old fridge freeze which once i have cleaned it out will be going to the garage so i get the front of those cabinets back. I'm standing in the dining area to take this picture.

It's not huge but it is one of the largest kitchens I've had since leaving home. I do miss the pantry cupboard that we had at our last rental though.

Not the best photo, but the light isn't very bright this morning and the kitchen is internal. The window backs on to the mudroom and the 'sun' hidden by cloud is on the front of the house in the morning. The kitchen is in the back of the house.

The plus for this kitchen is that there is plenty of cupboard space, but we still store stuff in the mudroom which doubles as a pantry as well as a regular farmhouse mudroom.

View attachment 91756

The counter in the front left is the sum total of my working space. Everything else is taken either with airfryer/kettle/toaster/utensils/ eggs to the left of the stove top (below the microwave), recycling and compost waste to the right of the stove top or to the left of the sink, draining board, food processor, Vitamix, fruit bowl and soda stream. The shadow on the left is the old fridge freeze which once i have cleaned it out will be going to the garage so i get the front of those cabinets back. I'm standing in the dining area to take this picture.

It's not huge but it is one of the largest kitchens I've had since leaving home. I do miss the pantry cupboard that we had at our last rental though.
I think I could be happy with your kitchen too, I like the layout, it looks light and clean and the floor is gorgeous. I really like having two walls of cabinets in a kitchen.

I'll admit that I love looking at houses and home decor, and thought it could be fun to see people's kitchens:happy: I'll show mine first
I’m the same way. When I watch shows/movies, I’m always interested in what the kitchens look like, especially if it’s an older film or a foreign one.

I’ll get mine posted up tomorrow.

I just noticed you have pots and pans hanging from the ceiling, curious about how tall are you? I'm 151cm (4'11'') I can't reach ceiling of me house not even when I stand on top of a ladder.

I am 5'11, but the ceiling is 10 feet. My head is not even close, yet I can reach all the pots and pans. The smaller pans are a stretch.

CD

One thing I love is the cabinets stile
Those cabinets would be right at home here.

Where is your main prep area, that spot to the right of the cooktop, or there where you have the toaster set up?

Okay, mine hasn't changed much. New fridge.
I like the big can of tomatoes and what looks to be some bottles of sauces to the right...I might steal that idea. I just have crocks and tins up on mine.

My friend/hair stylist, she moved into a new house and sent me a video of her kitchen, and where you have some greenery arranged along the tops of the cabinets, she had solid white Christmas-style lights. I'm stealing from both of you, because I'm going to put up greenery and a string of lights!

The window backs on to the mudroom
My mom's previous kitchen (one she had for 50 years) was like that. It started out overlooking the back porch, but after a few decades of her complaining that she wanted a mudroom, he closed in part of the back porch...which she immediately filled to the ceiling with more junk!

Those cabinets would be right at home here.

Where is your main prep area, that spot to the right of the cooktop, or there where you have the toaster set up?

I like the big can of tomatoes and what looks to be some bottles of sauces to the right...I might steal that idea. I just have crocks and tins up on mine.

My friend/hair stylist, she moved into a new house and sent me a video of her kitchen, and where you have some greenery arranged along the tops of the cabinets, she had solid white Christmas-style lights. I'm stealing from both of you, because I'm going to put up greenery and a string of lights!

My mom's previous kitchen (one she had for 50 years) was like that. It started out overlooking the back porch, but after a few decades of her complaining that she wanted a mudroom, he closed in part of the back porch...which she immediately filled to the ceiling with more junk!
My prep area is to the left, on the counter space next to the sink and the fridge, I like that corner because it's close to both the sink and trash cans (which are on the cabinet under the skin, where the former owner kept the gas bottles but I turned the house all electrical).

My mom's previous kitchen (one she had for 50 years) was like that. It started out overlooking the back porch, but after a few decades of her complaining that she wanted a mudroom, he closed in part of the back porch...
Yep, that's pretty much what happened here as well but in all fairness the old front door opened directly into the prevailing weather direction, especially the winter weather with no shelter at all... The mudroom not only moved the back door around by 90° but It also ended up under the covered walkway.

The front door is similar. The other main direction that rain arrives from is where it opened into the house until the sitting room was enlarged and a veranda added on. The result has that the front door is now recessed into the house by 3-4m or more and that there is a sheltered area, enclosed on 3 sides before you get to the front door after walking across the veranda. It's a very sheltered area (in fact the next few sentences apply to the back door as well) that during wet weather my chooks all congregated to seek shelter. seeks result is that both the front door and the backdoor areas are usually able deep in chook shit. Even in summer they seek these areas out because they are cooler. (Currently I'm doing my best to dissuade a pair of swallows from nesting immediately above the front door. There was an insecticide spray holder from the previous tenants, above the front door and that actual holder itself actionable for a fantastic base for a nest... after a thorough wash down last week, the holder now has the remains of a tea bag box attached to it (the swallows had only just started to construct a nest, so would only be delayed in creating a nest by a couple of days. It wasn't an actual nest, I would have left that alone although I do appreciate that 1 day of construction legally constitutes a nest and I hated having to move them on, but when I say over the front door, I actually mean on the door frame itself, not 2m above the door. )
which she immediately filled to the ceiling with more junk!

Yeah, I think that's fair to say about here as well. It's also where poorly chooks get stored, new chicks get raised, where kitchen stuff gets stored and the shelving is basically my pantry.

Right now a load of washing is trying hard to dry in there...

our new kitchen.jpg

Pretty basic kitchen, loads of cabinets, and I LOVE the island with a huge work space ... and when we had the new fridge delivered the guys asked me, "could you have ordered a bigger one ya think... GEEZ! This thing weighs a ton!" :happy:
The pantry is to the right there and I made sure to have my desk in the kitchen. This is my favorite kitchen that we've had, so far :okay:

Back
Top Bottom