Show us your lunch

Windigo

Kitchen witch
Local time
1:35 PM
Website
www.instagram.com
As we already have a ' show me your breakfast ' thread, I was thinking a lunch thread was in order too.
I tend to eat a light lunch, something like rice crackers and a snack that replaces my afternoon snack.
For example starting with today's lunch:

Prawn cocktail crisps, a rice cracker with jalapeno cashew spread and one with goats cheese & honey mustard. I usually also have a piece of fruit but I was waiting for grocery delivery this time.

Oh boy, my lunch is sometimes breakfast, lol. I sometimes don't eat anything until 2 pm or later, and it could be eggs or maybe leftover spaghetti or Chinese takeout. I'm not sure what to call it based on time of day and type of food!

My lunches are very depressing. Healthy and all but..if it's not soup from the colander, I eat standing up with my hands..every day of my life..lol..food goes down quicker that way..I'll post a pic

I still am a bit confused about how to categorize my eating habits. If I eat bacon, eggs and toast at 2:30 pm, is it breakfast because it's eggs and my first meal of the day? It's also typically later than most people eat lunch, so what is the meal period if not lunch? If I eat pizza at 9 am, is it lunch because it's pizza or is it breakfast? LOL! I ended up having shrimp-stuffed bacon-wrapped jalapeno poppers for "lunch" at around 2:30 pm. I didn't eat breakfast I guess, although in my mind it was breakfast because it was my first meal of the day after sleeping all night, so therefore breaking my fast, "break fast". Or is it?

I still am a bit confused about how to categorize my eating habits. If I eat bacon, eggs and toast at 2:30 pm, is it breakfast because it's eggs and my first meal of the day? It's also typically later than most people eat lunch, so what is the meal period if not lunch? If I eat pizza at 9 am, is it lunch because it's pizza or is it breakfast? LOL! I ended up having shrimp-stuffed bacon-wrapped jalapeno poppers for "lunch" at around 2:30 pm. I didn't eat breakfast I guess, although in my mind it was breakfast because it was my first meal of the day after sleeping all night, so therefore breaking my fast, "break fast". Or is it?
Well if you eat three meals a day, the second is generally considered lunch. I'd classify it as any non hot meal you eat during the day after breakfast.

I'd classify it as any non hot meal you eat during the day after breakfast.

That's interesting. Lunch can surely be hot or cold. I made a hot lunch today for my partner.

Like you JAS_OH1, I eat late and the first meal is around 3.15 pm - I don't consider it to be breakfast so maybe it's lunch?

That's interesting. Lunch can surely be hot or cold. I made a hot lunch today for my partner.

Like you JAS_OH1, I eat late and the first meal is around 3.15 pm - I don't consider it to be breakfast so maybe it's lunch?
Well sure but I was trying to provide a distinction and where I live two non hot meals and one hot meal a day are the norm.
Doesn't matter to me if it's a hot meal. If you eat 3 meals a day one of them could be considered lunch I think.

Back
Top Bottom