Show us your pet

Polly is still using the same old box, although it is starting to look a bit battered now - the other two aren't in the slightest bit bothered about boxes. The mutt, however, does like to inspect boxes but loses interest if there is no food in them.

33851569_10212353899585418_2899908952722505728_o.jpg

Talking about crafty cats, I got up on Tuesday morning and found the TV was on. I took the mutt out shopping that afternoon and came home to find the TV on. Not only that but my laptop was on and online, a Microsoft game was filling the screen, and the keyboard had been changed to German. Wednesday evening, I popped into the kitchen for a few minutes, then came back into the front room and caught her in the act! A certain 20 year old tabby cat has a lot to answer for.

Caught 1.jpg
Caught 2.jpg
Caught 3.jpg

It's nowhere near the first time she has done this either. This photo was taken 8 years ago.

030.JPG

The two strays that my wife has now semi-adopted (i.e. they are fed and allowed to stay in the garden and under the carport. They are not allowed in the house or on the stoep).

stray dogs 2 s.jpg

The male is called "Fuzzy" and the female is called "Tan".

Polly is still using the same old box, although it is starting to look a bit battered now - the other two aren't in the slightest bit bothered about boxes. The mutt, however, does like to inspect boxes but loses interest if there is no food in them.

View attachment 16445

Our Mindy loses interest in boxes as soon as they lose that "new box smell."

Does she have an online resume? Is she on LinkedIn? We're hiring...
I wouldn't even put that past her! You know, she can get into my phone in spite of the PIN. The two black cats cannot. I can only assume that the texture of pink paw pads is nearer to human skin.

I found several messages in my voicemail asking for Tippy to ring back (the mutt's name is Tippy). That, however, was a sheer coincidence owing to using a wrongly entered phone number and re-dial. Eventually I managed to answer one of the calls and ended up having quite a long conversation with the woman. She thought it was hilarious that she was trying to get hold of a human called Tippy and ended up phoning a greyhound. She thought it even more hilarious that I was getting worried :roflmao:

Last edited:
I have a round place mat on my coffee table, our cat likes to sit on it, no other part of the coffee table just the round mat :o_o:

I wouldn't even put that past her! You know, she can get into my phone in spite of the PIN. The two black cats cannot. I can only assume that the texture of pink paw pads is nearer to human skin.

I found several messages in my voicemail asking for Tippy to ring back (the mutt's name is Tippy). That, however, was a sheer coincidence owing to using a wrongly entered phone number and re-dial. Eventually I managed to answer one of the calls and ended up having quite a long conversation with the woman. She thought it was hilarious that she was trying to get hold of a human called Tippy and ended up phoning a greyhound. She thought it even more hilarious that I was getting worried :roflmao:

Oh, that's really funny.

Tell her we pay bonuses in liver treats.

I have a round place mat on my coffee table, our cat likes to sit on it, no other part of the coffee table just the round mat :o_o:

We have a cat that does that too. And he loves to lay on platic bags of potatoes on the counter after food shopping, as lumpy as it is. Must be the earthy smell.

Cats and computers, they attract one another. I'm always having to shoo a cat off the closed laptop. Back in my desk top computer days i woke up one morning to that macintosh chime of the computer turning on, then every morning there after the dang cat figured out if she turned the computer on i would get up so i could make sure she didn't mess with the computer...one time she changed the file name of one of my programs.

If the cell phone or remote is missing the first place to look is under the cat.

I was about 5 years ols when my dad bought a puppy home, a black labrador, he was as daft as a brush with us 3 kids, however if someone came to our front doir you had to get past him first, an excellent guard dog,

Back
Top Bottom