Show us your pet

Discussion in 'The CookingBites Cafe' started by morning glory, 23 Mar 2017.

Tags:
  1. detroitdad

detroitdad Senior Member

2. Yorky

Yorky Uncomfortably numb Recipe Challenge Judge

Dennis went into hospital today. She has a hernia which maybe was caused by an attack by another cat. The vet will operate tomorrow.

dennis wt s.jpg

[Edit: The results of the blood test today were satisfactory]

Last edited: 5 Jan 2019
    rascal, morning glory and Lullabelle like this.
  3. Yorky

The Dennis went under the knife just now. The vet is not concerned - it's a simple procedure he said.

4. Yorky

She's out of the theatre and looking good "for now". I'm not sure how to interpret "for now". We can go see her tomorrow morning.

rascal likes this.
  5. Lullabelle

Lullabelle Midlands, England

A very gentle hug for you all :hug:

rascal likes this.
  6. detroitdad

detroitdad Senior Member

7. Yorky

We went to see her today. She looks really sorry for herself in her bandages and anti-scratch collar. Her eyes seem to be saying “Why did you bring me here?”. My wife took a picture but I don't want to see it.

The vet wants to keep her in for another few days because she has an abscess on her back. He said we could take her home and take her back each day but that would mean moving her around a lot which we didn’t think was a good idea after the operation (and neither did the vet).

8. Lullabelle

Lullabelle Midlands, England

Ah bless you, hope she will be ok, it is always horrible to put a pet through surgery, you know it is the right thing to do but it is still difficult.

morning glory likes this.
  9. rascal

rascal Über Member

Feel for you Yorky, when I get home I'll take a pic of my cat, that's not my cat,lol. He just shows up,every night for a feed. I like the name Dennis, I assume she's a menace.

Russ

10. Yorky

We went to see her today. She's more animated now. If anyone remembers E.T. when it wanted to "go home" - her eyes were like that.

11. Yorky

The Dennis cat was discharged this morning so she's home now. However, she still has to stay in the cage for a few days as the vet doesn't want her to move around too much.

dennis cage s.jpg

Last edited: 10 Jan 2019
    Elawin, Lullabelle, Herbie and 4 others like this.
  12. rascal

rascal Über Member

Poor Dennis,lol. Glad to be home.

Russ

13. Yorky

She's been outside this evening (under supervision) and she's now resting on "her" chair (but mine for F1) in the bedroom. She'll need to be back in the cage overnight. She has an appointment for another check-up tomorrow morning.

14. rascal

rascal Über Member

Did you know all tortoise shell cats are female? Tried to take a pic of my cat last night. He ran and hid under the BBQ. Nuts.

Russ

15. morning glory

morning glory Obsessive cook Staff Member

I did know but had forgotten that fact. I wonder why? OTOH we don't have tortoise shell humans at all (or do we?).

rascal likes this.