Show us your pet

Archie waiting for his parsley

Morning walk wore them out.

View attachment 64716

I have the same Berber carpet. It can stand up to dogs. I had two dogs when I built my current house, one 30 pounds, and one 70 pounds. 20 years later, those two dogs have passed on, but I still have the carpet, which has also survived Psycho-poodle from puppy to 10 years old.

CD

I have the same Berber carpet. It can stand up to dogs. I had two dogs when I built my current house, one 30 pounds, and one 70 pounds. 20 years later, those two dogs have passed on, but I still have the carpet, which has also survived Psycho-poodle from puppy to 10 years old.

CD

Carpets are something I haven't had for 25 years. Mats in the bathrooms but no carpets.

My kitchen and bathrooms have hard floors.

CD

I've been thinking back. My drum in the UK had sealed cork tiles in the kitchen but carpets in the bathrooms and toilets. The walls were tiled with ceramic.

CD

We just replaced a few months ago through out top and bottom replacing the one we put through 26 years ago, stairway gave away first, I know the year because our son was a builders labourer for me when he was 15 building upstairs.
$270 a year so prolly cheap for carpet.

Russ

Psycho poodle gets groomed today. He'll like having less fur as we head into the hottest months. I won't like having less money.

CD
When we first moved here, it was later in the year, October. Being that is rural-ish, a lot of people let their dogs free-range, and we used to (and still do) get occasional visits from area dogs.

The first dog who ever showed up was this big collie, good disposition, but I noticed his fur wasn't particularly well-groomed. Every month or so, he'd amble by, and I'd pick the leaves and burrs out of his hair, give him a quick brushing, and send him on his way.

One fine day in late Spring, Kate was outside barking, so I looked out, and there was the strangest animal I'd ever seen - looked like a giant shrew!

I went out, Shrew bounded right up to me, and I pretty quickly saw it was my old buddy the collie, shaved completely bald. Apparently, that was the owners' idea of grooming - one haircut, down to the skin, once a year.

That dog visited us many, many times over the years, always with varying amounts hair. :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom