Show us your pet

A rescue from a breeder who died shortly after we collected what turned out to be a shy and probably mistreated middle aged Burmese cat.

With several years of our love, she is now very friendly and even goes outside to roll in the sun! 🌞

Her grandad was a European champ. She had one litter, a little boy who was sold to an Australian breeder for thousands of dollars.

IMG_20220509_191739.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It's rather unsettling at times, lol. I'll be making a cup of tea in the kitchen and get that feeling I'm being watched, and then I'll look over and see him staring at me through the window.
Better not leave the door open.

Before we left to try to cycle around the world we used to feed the wild birds including a flock of pheasants. Instead of running away from you when you opened the door, they'd run towards you. Leave a door open and you'd end up with them in the house which happened more frequently than we'd care to admit to (we were tenants then as now)... on one occasion we came home from a long weekend away only to find the front door wide open. Our first thoughts were nothing to do with being burgled but as to how many pheasants we'd find in the house and how far into the house they had been (all the way to the bathroom upstairs as it turned out)...

Better not leave the door open.

Before we left to try to cycle around the world we used to feed the wild birds including a flock of pheasants. Instead of running away from you when you opened the door, they'd run towards you. Leave a door open and you'd end up with them in the house which happened more frequently than we'd care to admit to (we were tenants then as now)... on one occasion we came home from a long weekend away only to find the front door wide open. Our first thoughts were nothing to do with being burgled but as to how many pheasants we'd find in the house and how far into the house they had been (all the way to the bathroom upstairs as it turned out)...
Yeah, we don't leave the door open. But, when I open the door, the squirrels will jump on the tree. They're pretty skittish. It's the chipmunks that try to get in. I've chased them out with a broom on more than one occasion.

Yeah, we don't leave the door open. But, when I open the door, the squirrels will jump on the tree. They're pretty skittish. It's the chipmunks that try to get in. I've chased them out with a broom on more than one occasion.
I used to have a 'pet' squirrel as a teenager... It wouldn't come in through as open door, but did suss out how to get into the house through a branch into the bathroom. The branch ended up being cut off at the trunk to stop it repeating the exercise. Ex-step-father wasn't impressed when it arrived in the bathroom whilst he was using said room... (old Victorian house inn the UK, so bathroom was a converted bedroom with 2 windows and rather large). I still laugh at the scene...

Back
Top Bottom