Show us your pet

Lullabelle: It is not easy to tell from the photo, but I guessed guinea pigs.

Psycho poodle likes guinea pigs. He makes friends easily.

TeddyGPig1000.jpg

BTW, you should probably stay away from Peru. Guinea pigs are "what's for dinner."

CD

Lullabelle: It is not easy to tell from the photo, but I guessed guinea pigs.

Psycho poodle likes guinea pigs. He makes friends easily.

View attachment 31800

BTW, you should probably stay away from Peru. Guinea pigs are "what's for dinner."

CD

Our 2 boys were born in a cattery so they have no issues with cats.
I am aware they are eaten in Peru.

:) Oh yes, he is! He came from a dog pound and the volunteers called him Sam, no reason to change it once brought him at home, it’s such a nice name for a dog
With regard to pet names, I don't know if I ever mentioned this, but our dog is named Kate. Pretty plain, but here's how it happened.

Our dog Molly died suddenly and we didn't want another dog for the time-being, and when we did get another dog, we knew we wanted an English Setter. MrsTasty grew up with setters.

I called the state setter rescue society, just to put some feelers out, and when I gave them the specs of our "perfect" dog (female, 1-2 years old, tri-color, field setter), he kind of laughed and said to be prepared to wait 2-3 years, as I was so specific with what we wanted. No problem, as we were still getting over Molly.

Two days later, he called back with a potential dog; female, 1-2 years old, tri-color, field setter.

Everything was wrong with this. The dog wasn't with the rescue organization, she just showed up on her own at a foster home, a stray. The owner had to leave town that weekend to tend to her dying father, and if we wanted her, they agreed to waive the rescue fee with the understanding the dog was as-is; no vet pre-check, no spaying.

We kicked it around and agreed to take her.

Three hour drive each way, overnight in a motel, and all on the drive up, we were kicking around good English names, and we couldn't decide and jokingly said, "We could always just call her Kate." Nothing to do with Kate Middleton, this was before her time.

Got there, saw the dog, got caught up in all that, got her in the car, and as we were pulling out, the foster carer shouted, "I don't know if you've picked a name yet, but if it makes a difference, I've been calling her Kate."

Seemed like the rescue spirits were telling us to call her Kate!

With regard to pet names, I don't know if I ever mentioned this, but our dog is named Kate. Pretty plain, but here's how it happened.

Our dog Molly died suddenly and we didn't want another dog for the time-being, and when we did get another dog, we knew we wanted an English Setter. MrsTasty grew up with setters.

I called the state setter rescue society, just to put some feelers out, and when I gave them the specs of our "perfect" dog (female, 1-2 years old, tri-color, field setter), he kind of laughed and said to be prepared to wait 2-3 years, as I was so specific with what we wanted. No problem, as we were still getting over Molly.

Two days later, he called back with a potential dog; female, 1-2 years old, tri-color, field setter.

Everything was wrong with this. The dog wasn't with the rescue organization, she just showed up on her own at a foster home, a stray. The owner had to leave town that weekend to tend to her dying father, and if we wanted her, they agreed to waive the rescue fee with the understanding the dog was as-is; no vet pre-check, no spaying.

We kicked it around and agreed to take her.

Three hour drive each way, overnight in a motel, and all on the drive up, we were kicking around good English names, and we couldn't decide and jokingly said, "We could always just call her Kate." Nothing to do with Kate Middleton, this was before her time.

Got there, saw the dog, got caught up in all that, got her in the car, and as we were pulling out, the foster carer shouted, "I don't know if you've picked a name yet, but if it makes a difference, I've been calling her Kate."

Seemed like the rescue spirits were telling us to call her Kate!

Snap again, 30 years ago I used to stay at a pub called the railway in hokitika, a 3 hr drive from home. I was in the bar one night and the owner put his dog on the bar. A King Charles called smudge. The dog used to,drink beer on the bar. His wife said to me the dog needs kids in her life and no drinking beer. I explained my 15 yo daughter had been begging me for a dog. I said to the owners wife I would ring her if we took her. I got home the next day about 5pm after a 3 hr drive. When I told my daughter she went nuts, pestering me about the dog.i rang the pub and asked if the dog was still available, yes was the reply. I said I'm on my way. Daughter and I left then to go get the dog. Picked her up and drove 3 hrs back. 10 hrs to get her. She was a great dog for the family , went everywhere with my daughter. People say King Charles are dumb dogs. Ours wasnt, I taught her all sorts of tricks, she loved peppermints and would do anything to get them. Lots of tears when she had to be put down about 10 years later. The things we do for pets huh?

Russ

Back
Top Bottom