Show Us Your Presents!

LadyBelle

Veteran
Local time
8:28 AM
So what did you get for Christmas? Were you on the good list?

My oldest friend Jo, made me an apron, in honor of my namesake.

I posted mine over here earlier:

The wrong and ( too) early Christmas exitement thread

I got a heated foot massager, some tea goodies, two books, a giant clay bread baker, and a Le Creuset Dutch oven (which was a mistake and is going back Monday in exchange for the correct Dutch oven).

MrsT got a Marvin The Martian sleep shirt, a British scenery calendar (so she can keep her eye on the prize), an insulated mimosa flute, a German glass-blown Christmas ornament of a cream puff (her favorite dessert), a Mandalorian board game (Trouble, which is a classic game from our youths), and a 10-sq ft plot of land in a Scottish wildlife preserve (along with another 1-sq ft plot thrown in at a second wildlife preserve) - buy making a donation, which goes toward the conservation group, she got a certificate declaring her "Lady MrsT Of Glencoe & And That Other Place I Can't Remember the Name Of Right Now" - all just a bit of fun to get donations, but the certificate will look good on the wall of her office, and they threw in a little packet of stationary with her name on it, and when she goes to visit her plot of land, she gets a free pastry and cup of tea at the gift shop, something like that. They also send regular updates on what the animals and trees are up to at the moment.

Last edited:
I posted mine over here earlier:

The wrong and ( too) early Christmas exitement thread

I got a heated foot massager, some tea goodies, two books, a giant clay bread baker, and a Le Creuset Dutch oven (which was a mistake and is going back Monday in exchange for the correct Dutch oven).

MrsT got a Marvin The Martian sleep shirt, a British scenery calendar (so she can keep her eye on the prize), an insulated mimosa flute, a German glass-blown Christmas ornament of a cream puff (her favorite dessert), a Mandalorian board game (Trouble, which is a classic game from our youths), and a 10-sq ft plot of land in a Scottish wildlife preserve (along with another 1-sq ft plot thrown in at a second wildlife preserve) - buy making a donation, which goes toward the conservation group, she got a certificate declaring her "Lady MrsT Of Glencoe & And That Other Place I Can't Remember the Name Of Right Now" - all just a bit of fun to get donations, but the certificate will look good on the wall of her office, and they threw in a little packet of stationary with her name on it, and when she goes to visit her plot of land, she gets a free pastry and cup of tea at the gift shop, something like that. They also send regular updates on what the animals and trees are up to at the moment.
You did well!

$50 donation towards a new hand bag my wife will purchase soon. Plus a bottle of white musk for her, my fave.
Tops and smelliest for me.
Restaurant of our choice in January, up market compliments of kids,
Wee ones wee so excited. Best day ever kept coming up,lol.

Russ

Returned the too-heavy cast iron Dutch oven my wife got me and ordered a lighter carbon-steel alternative.

Sur La Table did probe and prod me a bit as to why I was returning it, which always irritates me. I'll usually put up with one "Is it broken or did you just not want it" question, but beyond that, I get testy pretty quickly.

All's well that ends well, new one should arrive on the 3rd.

Pajamas, chocolates, gift cards. I have three favorite gifts though:

Sesame street slippers
1609158713315.png

Sesame street water bottle
1609158737483.png

And a 1:200 model of Ethiad's A380 plane, my favorite livery on my favorite plane, a gift from my boyfriend. He's a plane spotter and I'm an aviation enthusiast
1609158806740.png

Ok, I got my final Christmas present:

I'm going to make chili in it first, then a loaf of no-knead bread. At 3.5qt, it's just right for two people.

It's carbon-steel, enamel-coated, so it's pretty light, and dishwasher-safe. I love the blue interior.

Windigo - since this is "the Dutch dutch oven" (even if it is made in Germany), I feel I now have a little piece of you in my kitchen. Every time I touch it, I expect to get a vision, across time and space, of the last thing you've cooked! :)

Back
Top Bottom