Recipe Simple cheese ball

Rosyrain

Veteran
Local time
5:28 AM
Tonight I am going to be making a cheese ball in preparation for Thanksgiving on Thursday and so I thought I would share my recipe with you all.

Ingredients:
2 bricks of cream cheese
1 cup of shredded cheddar
4 green onions
bacon bits (optional, tastes good with or without these)
1 cup of pecan bits

mix the cream cheese, cheddar, bacon bits, and green onion together until well incorporated and then form a ball. Spread the pecan pieces on a plate and roll the ball in them until it is fully coated. Place on a serving platter and refridgerate for about 2 hours before serving.

This cheeseball is so simple and yet it is so good. There are never any leftovers when I make it. I like to serve it with the Keebler half cracker/half pretzel crackers.

I love cheese balls, especially if they are nice and soft and easy to spread on your crackers. How is this recipe for texture? Cream cheese can be pretty firm unless there is something to soften it up or it is whipped up really well.

Thank-you for sharing your recipe with us Rosy! I spent a whole day looking for my grandmother's recipe for a cheese ball and yours sounds very close to hers. I had to buy one for Thanksgiving, but I will be ready for Christmas.

You are so welcome, I hope you enjoy it. I don't like buying them from the store because they are usually full of preservatives and other things I do not want to put in my body. The one I made for Thanksgiving yesterday was gone by dinner time so I was happy about that. It is really easy to make and the flavor is out of this world.

Back
Top Bottom