Recipe Simple Chicken Soup Recipe

True2marie

Veteran
Local time
10:27 PM
Do you have a recipe for chicken soup?

Below is a quick simple chicken soup recipe that the average person can make in under an hour.

Simple Chicken Soup Recipe

Ingredients
1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced
1 small carrot, thinly sliced
2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
2 sprigs fresh thyme
2 sprigs flat-leaf parsley
6 cups chicken broth, homemade or low-sodium canned
1/2 cup water
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/3 pound wide egg noodle, about 6 ounces
1 1/4 cups shredded cooked chicken (about one breast)

Directions
1) Put onion, carrots, celery, thyme, chicken broth, and water in a medium pot. Season to taste with salt/pepper.

2) Cook mixture over medium high heat until vegetables are almost tender. (Time: 5 to 10 min)

3) Add noodles to the pot and cook until they are tender. (Time: 5 to 8 min) Afterward, add your chicken and cook until warmed through.

th?id=H.4850290607197133&pid=15.jpg

Looks absolutely delicious! Thanks so much for sharing! I keep some canned chicken soup on stock in my kitchen just in case, but homemade is always better! Nothing quite warms the heart like fresh, homemade chicken noodle soup! My mom used to make it for me when I sick. Actually, when we went home for Christmas, my husband wasn't feeling well. My mom then made him her special homemade chicken noodle soup. :)

Yes, I make mine from scratch in my 6qt electric pressure cooker.

I add 4 bone-in skin-on fresh chicken thighs (and any other bone scraps if I got 'em) along with 6 cups of water.
Then add a generous amount of carrots, celery, onion and garlic - chopped into small pieces. Also a handful of fresh garlic, some sea salt (about a heaping tsp) and ground black pepper (about 1/2 tsp).

Pressure cook it on high for 45 min. Then remove the chicken to cool. In the meantime I strain the broth through a fine strainer and add it back to the pot and bring it to a boil again. While it's heating back up I remove the skin and bones from the chicken and shred it and add it back to the pot, along with some Orzo. I let the whole thing simmer until the pasta is very tender, then check for seasoning and it's done.

It's very plain looking, but I kind of like the simplicity/minimalism of it. I just top it with some Romano before eating it.

Back
Top Bottom