Recipe Simple Tuna Salad

batgirl

Veteran
Local time
10:46 PM
I love to eat tuna and a quick and simple salad is my favourite way to have it, either a large serving as lunch, or a smaller portion as a starter or snack.

I prefer tuna in sunflower oil or spring water and simply drain off, then mix with some mayonnaise, then add a handful of salad leaves with thinly sliced cucumber, chopped cherry tomatoes and diced red onion. Mix it all together and voila! A delicious and healthy meal in no time at all.

I like a good tuna salad with celery and green peppers cut up into the salad. A touch of spicy brown mustard added to the tuna salad give the mix a very interesting taste.

I like to cut up onion, green pepper, celery and put in mine, along with a little sweet relish, hard-boiled eggs, spices and mayo. :wink:

I make a plain tuna salad for my kids with just tuna, mayo, and salt and pepper. I do douse the tuna first with some lemon juice, and I think it cuts the smell and over fishy taste of some of the cheaper cans. I do have a friend who would add tarragon as well. Another thing I occasionally add is dried cranberries.

I too love tuna, though often I have it in a sandwich rather than in a salad. And always the variety that comes in water instead of oil. If I do put it in a salad then it's a normal salad with lettuce, tomato, cucumber, onion and maybe a bit of cheese.

My simple tuna salad would be a mixture of....tuna flakes, mayo, sweet pickles relished, grated cheese, dash of salt and pepper to taste. I spread this on top of a buttered toast wheat bread with fresh lettuce..

When I read 'simple' & 'tuna salad' I thought the two could never meet. I make ridiculous tuna salads. One's that really do not save me time or money but I love to death. Two things that are always a must when I make it though: Albacore tuna & fresh dill.

I am glad I stumbled on this thread fresh out of talking about tuna being one of the foods to cheer me up. I like the combinations mentioned and I feel like I have tried some of the combinations mentioned here. Cranberries have never been in my combo. Recently at a wake of sorts someone contributed a hot tuna with pasta. While it did not look all that great, it was a great taste and I feel like it would work well as a salad.

I love tuna salad as well. In fact I craved it when I was pregnant with my first son. I like sweet onions finely mince, mayonnaise, and chopped celery in my tuna salad. Served on lightly toasted bread or pumpernickel. I like it pilled high between the slices of toast so you get lots of tuna in each bite.

Back
Top Bottom