Recipe Smoothies day :)

thestoryteller1

Veteran
Local time
11:17 AM
So I got reminded by a friend the other day that I'm heading in unhealthy direction with my eating and drinking too much coffee. And since I work out a lot, that I'm not getting the needed energy. One of the things she mentioned was smoothies. I didn't need to cook today (I had leftovers from yesterday- raviolli with muschrooms and peppers, always great), but instead I added to my daily eating smoothies instead of coffee. Felt so great!

I used the juice of 4 small oranges, 100 grams frozen raspberries (that way I didn't even need ice), and some milk (may be a mug amount? I eyed it).

The result was at least 4 glasses worth, and it tasted AMAZING. So much better than coffee.
And, it made me realize that I don't need much fruit around to make myself smoothie in the morning. I can just use whatever we have around the house- 1-2 pieces of fruit, some juice(hand-squeezed not from box), some milk and there you go:). Delicious.

If you have some vegetables lying around, you can just pop them in the smoothie too. It makes it more nutritious and you don't really taste the vegis if you have enough fruit to mask it. I recommend spinach, but there's plenty of other ones you can use! Kale is also good, but its taste is also a lot harder to mask.

Oh yes, I love adding spinach to my smoothies. It really does bring out the gorgeous taste and you can actually get full from drinking it up!
I am actually very addicted to coffee and have not thought of substituting it with a smoothie. Thanks for the idea, I'll give your smoothie a try!

My favorite smoothie to make is strawberry and banana. The one I make, makes two servings.
I use:
1/2 cup bananas
a little over 1 cup frozen strawberries
1 cup vanilla yogurt
1 cup apple juice
1/2 cup ice
My daughter loves this smoothie and so do I.

Smoothies are my favorite go-to breakfast. My recipe is just
1/2 banana
1+ cup frozen berries (I get the cherry berry mix at walmart)
a handful of spinach
1/4 cup yogurt
and add as much milk as you want - more if you don't like it as thick :)

These smoothies all look like they taste great. What type of blender do you use to make them, expensive or run of the mill? I am very interested in learning different recipes for smoothies so I took note of a couple mentioned above.

Back
Top Bottom