Snacks!

sandra0530

Veteran
Local time
10:17 AM
What is your favorite healthy snack to munch on? Or healthy snack to make?
I love eating yogurt with some granola :)

My favorite healthy snacks are bananas, strawberries, yoghurt, popcorn. I know I have some nice recipes somewhere around the house but I don't even remember the last time I actually made myself a healthy snack. I mean if I want something why not just grab an apple or a banana, why go through all the trouble of making something? Maybe I'm just being pragmatic here.

Plain greek yogurt with fresh fruit and chopped almonds, veggies with hummus, fresh cut fruit, nuts, boiled eggs.

I usually go for cheese and pretzels or apple slices and cheese. It's usually a soft cheese wedge, and the pretzels are those pretzel crisps/crackers I think they're called? Just have to make sure I portion out the pretzels beforehand or I can really dig into them!

I have a variety of things in the kitchen in glass kitchner jars that are there for my OH to snack on. These include apricots, dates, homemade fruit leathers and a number of tubs with dairy free bars in them (Nakd berry delight or Nakd cashew nut bars - these are pretty much dates, cashew nuts plus whatever 'flavouring' that is dairy free and are all raw foods). I can't eat 'standard' fruit unless it has been processed first, but the Nakd bars are ideal for me when out cycling (my only transport).

I also rather like wasabi peas, but they are more of a treat, than a snack. :D

Fruits are always considered as the best to be taken as snacks. They add no excess calories and are easily digestible in a short time. There are also different kinds which come under snacks and on the other hand not all are healthy. Some give you more amount of calories whilst being tasty. If calories are under your least concern then there are many such tasty snacks which can be taken and are also healthy.

I don't snack, really, but I often eat meals at irregular times. For me, the easiest options are leftovers from the previous day's meal which can be the size of a snack. I also have a supply of PowerBar Harvest bars in the pantry, my purse, and the car, for quick sugar/protein when on the go.

Otherwise, my kids snack on chips and salsa, pretzels and hummus, fruit, nuts, raisins/craisins, goldfish crackers, and applesauce.

We have healthy fruit and not a snack. The fruit we are talking about is Apple. My 3 year old, wife and I love it. In fact, it is kind of daily thing I carry to office and my kid takes to day care. It just happens to be our favorite and also a healthy snack. We are happy and not much to complain there.

Back
Top Bottom