So, is anybody interested in an egg decorating cook along?

medtran49

Forum GOD!
Local time
10:25 PM
We could maybe use anything egg shaped, real eggs, whether you blow them yourself or buy preblown shells, plastic eggs, Styrofoam eggs, sugar eggs, wooden eggs, paper mache eggs, cake eggs, chocolate eggs, etc.

If we want to tie it into cooking, we could require a dish that ties into the theme of your egg or eggs in general. Like a rich, luxurious egg dish for a Fabrege style egg. Obviously chocolate or egg cakes (did you know you can cook a cake in an eggshell or mold jello or anything else that would be cooked in a mold?) would fulfill the cooking requirement.

Well, with Easter coming up in April that would be fun. I would definitely join in. Maybe don't call it a 'cook along' because that is a current challenge category.

If we want to tie it into cooking, we could require a dish that ties into the theme of your egg or eggs in general. Like a rich, luxurious egg dish for a Fabrege style egg.

Are you meaning that we could make a fake egg (from paper maché for example) and then use it as a 'prop' (part of the scene setting) in a photograph of an edible dish that we also make?

I wasn't sure what to call it.

The egg can certainly be a prop in a photo or they can be separate, just tied together somehow. Like, once when we had truffles, we made an egg dish that is normally pretty simple, but using gruyere and shaving truffles over it made it worthy of being photographed with a Fabrege style egg. I can think of some souffles that would also be a worthy companion, sweet and savory.

I wasn't sure what to call it.

The egg can certainly be a prop in a photo or they can be separate, just tied together somehow. Like, once when we had truffles, we made an egg dish that is normally pretty simple, but using gruyere and shaving truffles over it made it worthy of being photographed with a Fabrege style egg. I can think of some souffles that would also be a worthy companion, sweet and savory.

Main thing is to keep it simple or folk are put off entering (in my experience).

Something explanatory such as 'Decorate an Egg for Easter Challenge' would be fine, I think?

We could maybe use anything egg shaped, real eggs, whether you blow them yourself or buy preblown shells, plastic eggs, Styrofoam eggs, sugar eggs, wooden eggs, paper mache eggs, cake eggs, chocolate eggs, etc.

If we want to tie it into cooking, we could require a dish that ties into the theme of your egg or eggs in general. Like a rich, luxurious egg dish for a Fabrege style egg. Obviously chocolate or egg cakes (did you know you can cook a cake in an eggshell or mold jello or anything else that would be cooked in a mold?) would fulfill the cooking requirement.
I think it's a great idea. Maybe keep it more generic, such as an Easter Egg Competition - anything Easter like involving an egg? For those of us whose artistic development never progressed beyond a colouring book and a packet of crayons. Sorry, @morning glory got there first!

I think it's a great idea. Maybe keep it more generic, such as an Easter Egg Competition - anything Easter like involving an egg? For those of us whose artistic development never progressed beyond a colouring book and a packet of crayons. Sorry, @morning glory got there first!

Fine with me. I was just trying to open it to as many possibilities as I could.

Anybody working on egg(s)? I've finally got what I need to get started. Dug out the Dremel so I'm ready to brave cutting the eggshells. I've got plans and stuff for 2 eggs, maybe 3 but I don't know if I'll have time to do the third.

Back
Top Bottom