So it starts (sourdough)

Puggles

Veteran
Local time
12:38 PM
I've fully matured "Bread Savage" and started my levain. After 3 weeks of starters dying and not working, I finally have one that is thriving and have started the process of making my very first soudough bread. I hope this work, I won't fully know until tomorrow.

Oh man, look at that levain, that's beautiful. You can see just how much it has risen.
20220720_142918.jpg

*Update* Every step is going as it should. This dough is looking amazing during the processes. Everything looks exactly as it should. I'm so excited!

*Update* Ok, so I put the loaves in "bannetons" to let them rest and develop flavor in the fridge for the night but, I only have 1 banneton..... so I had to "improvise" :D I had a clean undershirt that I used as the "cloth" and the basket is my colander. Oh boy..... pray to bread Jebus for me.

Here it is, after weeks of trial and error, my very first artisanal loaf of Sourdough bread made from scratch with my very own starter. View attachment 88070View attachment 88072

That is fantastic. I wish you had shown images of the process. How did the 'kneading' (or not kneading) work? Did you use a dough scraper to help manage the dough when shaping it etc.

That is fantastic. I wish you had shown images of the process. How did the 'kneading' (or not kneading) work? Did you use a dough scraper to help manage the dough when shaping it etc.
Yes, it was quite sticky at certain stages. My scraper was like a "third hand". It wasn't necessarily a knead, but I did 6 timed "stretch and folds" to help develop the gluten

Back
Top Bottom