Solution for spice jars becoming moist while seasoning on top of a steamy pan?

Mandark

Local time
4:37 PM
Ello fellow CookingBites!

I am looking for the best technique / gadget that allows you to easily season (salt / pepper / curcummin and other herbs) your pan during the cooking process without the steam coming off the pan affecting the spice holder.

1. If I use a spice jar on top of the pan, the holes become clogged due to the steam and this moisture is bad for the herb. Do you fellow foodies season your pan sideways (and thus the jar isn't directly on top of the steam)? Is this practical?
  2. If I put the herb inside a jar and use a small spoon, the spoon becomes moist. So then I have to sweep it dry with a tissue. This is semi-practical but doable.
  3. Perhaps using 1 specified measurement spoon for all herbs and then filling the spoon using spice jars is the best solution. That way, you can do this 3 times (i.e. salt, pepper and curcummin) and then sweep it at the end of the cooking process.
What y'all think? Have any better ideas? Looking forward to them!

Welcome to CookingBites Mandark.

I really wouldn't shake them over a hot pan. What I do if I'm using that type of herb jar is to shake them into my hand or otherwise measure them out with a spoon.

I'm not sure why your spoon would get moist when putting it in a jar of dried herbs - that doesn't make sense...

Hi!

I pre-measure everything into little prep bowls, so my jars don't enter into it. If I'm just season with salt by eye, I have a salt pig next to the stove, and I just pinch salt out as I need it.

Back
Top Bottom