Some of my charcuterie..

Rocklobster

Legendary Member
Local time
3:11 AM
Here are a few things I make at home..I have a small home made curing chamber in my basement..
pancetta

Bresaola

Cappicola

Last edited:
Do these have to rehydrate or possible to cook straight ahead?
My first...
And well done!
The pancetta requires cooking as it is only about 2 weeks old when ready..I cut it up in portions, freeze it and take out a piece when I want to use it. Usually with pasta recipes or also stews. The other two are cured and dried and can be eating just like that..they both hang for about 2-3 months before being ready..the jerky is heavily seasoned and smoked or dehydrated..it is a popular snack in North America..

NIce job!
Looks great guys. I haven't made any charcuterie but would like to, except jerky. I do make my own bacon and Montreal smoked meat. Cheers.
Jerkey is pretty easy..I make it for my kids..my mother used to make it and everybody liked it so I do it for tradition..I shrink wrap and freeze it and gift the majority away..It's one of those things that once you have a piece you can't stop...we usually have a few cases of inside rounds at work so it's easy to hack a piece off and do it up..

NIce job!

Jerkey is pretty easy..I make it for my kids..my mother used to make it and everybody liked it so I do it for tradition..I shrink wrap and freeze it and gift the majority away..It's one of those things that once you have a piece you can't stop...we usually have a few cases of inside rounds at work so it's easy to hack a piece off and do it up..
I make jerky and yeah, it's simple, but haven't made charcuterie in general. Kinda sounded like you though otherwise, not sure and just mentioning it.

Back
Top Bottom