Something Special for the New Year

kgord

Veteran
Local time
7:43 AM
Do you make a special dish for the New Year? In the United States it is traditional to make pork and sauerkraut for New Year's Day, but I don't usually make it. I plan to go away for New Years this year so I will probably eat out with my friends.

I do not usually do any special dish for New Year's day. Traditionally we would eat out at a friend's house on New Year's Day. We have been doing this for quite a few years now. The dishes that they prepare are similar to what we would eat on Christmas Day, only with a little less variety since the gathering is a much smaller one than on Christmas Day. For Old Year's Night, if we were to dine out with friends, the dishes prepared would resemble those for Christmas Day.

I do not usually do any special dish for New Year's day. Traditionally we would eat out at a friend's house on New Year's Day. We have been doing this for quite a few years now. The dishes that they prepare are similar to what we would eat on Christmas Day, only with a little less variety since the gathering is a much smaller one than on Christmas Day. For Old Year's Night, if we were to dine out with friends, the dishes prepared would resemble those for Christmas Day.

I don't really have anything planned for a New Year's meal but I know a lot of people around here have either seafood chowder or Chinese food. We may just have homemade pizza or nachos. Something simple after having such a large Christmas dinner.

I don't really have anything planned for a New Year's meal but I know a lot of people around here have either seafood chowder or Chinese food. We may just have homemade pizza or nachos. Something simple after having such a large Christmas dinner.

Much the same here - it'll be a relaxing affair and if anything we will probably get some sort of takeout food rather than cooking. One last hurrah before the healthy eating that I want to do in the new year! :)

I, too, am going to get into healthy eating when the new year arrives. I have a few weddings that I need to attend and I want to look my best for them. I have eaten and drank so much the past few weeks that is not a normal for me. I am feeling it to.

Our special dish for the new year is spaghetti that is flavored with bay leaf and black pepper. For the topping, do not forget the parmesan cheese for added flavor. But our spaghetti is different because after cooking the sauce - ground meat (can be pork or beef) and sliced hotdogs, sliced spam and sausage, we cook the pasta separately, of course. And when both are done, we mix some pasta and sauce in a pan and cook it again so that the sauce will penetrate the pasta. That's what gives it a divine taste.

I was working and we were charging a lot of money so the food was special ,
Four course of thoughtfully put together food

Back
Top Bottom