Sometimes simple is good. (rice)

coffee

Veteran
Local time
11:42 PM
Once in a great while I'll make some jasmine rice, put it in a bowl, and top with bacon bits, pine nuts, corn, and fresh chopped green onions. Actually I haven't eaten this in a long time so I will need to make it soon...maybe this weekend. There's something about the naturally sweet taste of jasmine rice with these other flavors that make this simple meal so satisfying.

Do you ever make simple rice dishes? What do you add to yours?

rice, cashew nuts and soya sauce if one of my favourites if I need a simple quick meal!
Boil the rice and cashew nuts at the same time. drain and add tamari soya sauce to taste.

Another is pea risotto. Cook some onions, add the rice & fry for a moment, add the stock (enough to cook the rice) when the rice is 5 mins from done, add the peas and oregano and serve immediately.

Mine is simple as well. I just cook a bit of white rice, and add a can of shredded tuna on top. I`ll have it with lots of low sodium soy sauce. I think the combination of rice, fish and soy sauce works extremely well and this meal is also very cheap.

Mine are simple too, when I'm in a hurry. I just discovered jasmine rich about three months ago, and I've been hooked. It's not gummy when cooked, and it tastes great. I like to add spice to my rice, with jalapenos, shredded cheddar cheese, and corn. Sounds weird, but it's great!

I had a simple rice recipe...I mixed together with my cooked rice onion leeks and cooked kimchi with pork and then put a little sesame oil and its done and its really taste good!

Mine are simple too, when I'm in a hurry. I just discovered jasmine rich about three months ago, and I've been hooked. It's not gummy when cooked, and it tastes great. I like to add spice to my rice, with jalapenos, shredded cheddar cheese, and corn. Sounds weird, but it's great!

That sounds very good. Rice with cheese might be a weird mixture, but I`m sure its awesome. I have try it out sometime. :D

I came across some Chinese "breakfast" recipes on Youtube which were just simply some fresh tomatoes and scallions sauteed in oil, then some scrambled eggs poured in and cooked through with a splash of soy sauce, and served over steamed rice. It's actually quite nice, and a nice change of pace from the usual eggs and toast that I normally have. Especially when I am out of bread some mornings.

Regarding the Jalapeno/Cheddar thing, I actually just posted about this on another thread recently too, and they are fantastic mixed into rice. I used Minute Rice and chicken broth for the liquid, adding the diced jalapenos in there too before I cooked it. Then I just stirred in the cheese at the end while the rice was still hot. Super easy recipe and it was way better than those Rice side dishes they sell in pouches in the dried food section of the store.

A cold rice salad is also fun to make from time to time, when you get sick of pasta salad.

I'm on board with rice and cheese, too, especially with a packet of chili beef and kidney beans. The rice and beans add body, and the cheese offsets the chili beef.

Chinese wax sausages (not literally made out of wax, just that their high fat content or something preserves them rather than makes them go off faster, somehow) are pretty good steamed with just hot rice.

Or rice with a sunny-side up fried egg, or over-easy, just as long as the yolk is still running, with some salt and pepper...

When it comes to just soy sauce and rice, I prefer something mealier to go with the soy sauce, like red rice.

I often make simple rice dishes. Almost anything goes well with plain boiled or steamed ice. I've had rice with scrambed eggs, nut, seeds, beans, vegetables, meat and fish. I like to add a little soy sauce, chilli sauce, Worcestershire sauce or any other type of piquant sauce.

One of the simplest dishes is to cook lentils (after soaking) mixed in with rice. After cooking them together the rice dish can be topped with fried onions.

My simple yet delicious rice recipe consists of boiling white rice until its tender. Drain the water. Add 1 tablespoon of honey and 1/2 cup of milk. Eat! Love, love, love my rice this way.

Back
Top Bottom