Recipe Sous Vide Pork Tenderloin with Apple-Maple Sauce

caseydog

Local time
7:39 AM
Here is another pork and apple dish. Pork tenderloin with and apple-maple syrup sauce. I cooked my pork sous vide, but you can cook yours your favorite way.

The seasoning for the pork was simple. Just salt, black pepper, and fresh rosemary. I seasoned the meat with salt and pepper, and put it in my sous vide bag with about five sprigs of fresh rosemary from my garden.

The cook time was 2 hours at 136F.

The sauce was made with one diced apple (sweet, not tart), one finely diced shallot, a pinch of salt, fresh rosemary sprigs, the pork cooking liquid from the bag, 1/4 cup of chicken stock, maple syrup, and 1/2 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar.

Sauté the diced apple and shallot and rosemary sprig in some EVOO until semi-soft. Add the liquids, and drop to a simmer to reduce to a thick, sticky sauce.

Put everything on a plate, and eat it. :hungry:

PorkApples001.jpg

This is the first time I made this, but not the last. It was inspired by a recipe on the Anova web site. But, I made a few changes based on comments people left about the recipe. I don't thik it would have been as good if I had followed the recipe verbatim.

CD

Last edited:
Here is another pork and apple dish. Pork tenderloin with and apple-maple syrup sauce. I cooked my pork sous vide, but you can cook yours your favorite way.

The seasoning for the pork was simple. Just salt, black pepper, and fresh rosemary. I seasoned the meat with salt and pepper, and put it in my sous vide bag with about five sprigs of fresh rosemary from my garden.

The sauce was made with one diced apple (sweet, not tart), one finely diced shallot, a pinch of salt, fresh rosemary sprigs, the pork cooking liquid from the bag, 1/4 cup of chicken stock, and 1/2 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar.

Sauté the diced apple and shallot and rosemary sprig in some EVOO until semi-soft. Add the liquids, and drop to a simmer to reduce to a thick, sticky sauce.

View attachment 34004

This is the first time I made this, but not the last. It was inspired by a recipe on the Anova web site. But, I made a few changes based on comments people left about the recipe. I don't thik it would have been as good if I had followed the recipe verbatim.

CD

Looks yummy, I just aren't big on pork. I'm seriously considering buying a sous vide. If I do I'm making this.

Russ

The sauce was made with one diced apple (sweet, not tart), one finely diced shallot, a pinch of salt, fresh rosemary sprigs, the pork cooking liquid from the bag, 1/4 cup of chicken stock, and 1/2 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar.

View attachment 34004

CD
A great plate of food!

Looks luscious! I have the sous vide equipment, but have yet to test it out with pork tenderloin == but that's been on my To Do List for awhile. The recipe is delightful - oh, being the sourpuss I am, I'd use tart apples here, but hey, a minor thing.

One thing about pork tenderloin cooked sans (without) sous vide, it can dry out so easily, so I am looking forward to trying this.

Looks luscious! I have the sous vide equipment, but have yet to test it out with pork tenderloin == but that's been on my To Do List for awhile. The recipe is delightful - oh, being the sourpuss I am, I'd use tart apples here, but hey, a minor thing.

One thing about pork tenderloin cooked sans (without) sous vide, it can dry out so easily, so I am looking forward to trying this.

Sous vide is PERFECT for lean pork, because you can cook it to a much lower temperature, and still have a safely pasteurized roast. You are cooking to a lower temperature, but holding that temperature for a longer time, making it perfectly safe. That lower temperature leaves you with a moist and tender pork, with even a slight touch of pink in the color.

The recipe that inspired this cook used sweet apples, but I'd also like to try it with tart apples.

CD

Sous vide is PERFECT for lean pork, because you can cook it to a much lower temperature, and still have a safely pasteurized roast. You are cooking to a lower temperature, but holding that temperature for a longer time, making it perfectly safe. That lower temperature leaves you with a moist and tender pork, with even a slight touch of pink in the color.

The recipe that inspired this cook used sweet apples, but I'd also like to try it with tart apples.

CD
I agree completely. I seldom ever cook pork conventionally any more - of all the meats, pork seems to benefit most from cooking sous vide, from lean chops to shoulders.

Back
Top Bottom