Sous-vide

Yes. Only tend to use zip locks for seafood. Everything else gets vac packed. However the cost of a vac pack machine is fraction of the cost of a decent sous vide, so why bother one without the other? Plus vac pack is great for storing other stuff - left over sauces and gravies all get vac packed then frozen.

Yes. Only tend to use zip locks for seafood. Everything else gets vac packed. However the cost of a vac pack machine is fraction of the cost of a decent sous vide, so why bother one without the other? Plus vac pack is great for storing other stuff - left over sauces and gravies all get vac packed then frozen.
I toyed with idea of getting a sous-vide but I really don't have space. :( I've barely got space for anything in the kitchen! I think if I did get one I would get the vac pack too, as you say.

Sous-Vide requires vacumn bags and one of those contraptions that you stick in a bath of water. It is really only used in professional kitchens, unless you really like to make gourmet food at home. It is an interesting concept, but I have never bought one because I would never use it. It is supposed to make your veggies stay bright in color and your meat gets poached and keeps it's flavor.

Back
Top Bottom