Recipe Southwest Baked Ham and Potato Hash

detroitdad

Legendary Member
Local time
11:40 AM
Ingredients
  • 1½ pounds baby red potatoes, quartered
  • 2 bell peppers, cubed (I used a red and yellow bell pepper)
  • 1 cup frozen or fresh corn
  • 1 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
  • ½ cup onion, cubed
  • 2 Tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 Tablespoon Chili Seasoning
  • ½ teaspoon Cumin Seasoning
  • ½ teaspoon Paprika
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 cup cubed ham
  • 5 eggs
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
  2. Place the potatoes, bell pepper, corn, black beans, and onion on the baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and add the chili seasoning, cumin and paprika. Toss to coat and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove pan and add the ham and stir the veggies. Bake for an additional 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Remove from oven.
  3. Create 5 wells in the vegetables. Gently crack an egg in each. Return the pan to the oven and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes or until eggs are to desired doneness.
  4. Garnish with chopped cilantro and sliced avocado and serve immediately.

My mother brought over a bunch of leftover ham. Who doesn't love a good hash. I think I'm going to try this recipe tonight. I'll of course post pictures when I cook it.

I'll probably tweak it some based on whatever spices/seasonings I stumble across while prepping it.

As always I'm open to any changes.

B

Sounds great to me - I adore eggs and like the idea of them cracked into the spicy hash.

so do I :) I'll probably add a pinch of crushed red pepper. I'll stop by the grocery store after work and wander the isles looking for more additions to it lol.

I have a couple of pieces of corn on the cob leftover from SUN. I'm planning on using that in it as well :)

All right it's prepped and just threw in the oven.

20180821_172438.jpg
20180821_171633.jpg

Back
Top Bottom