Spam

Will you?
Mystery meat in a tin.:yuck:
We could have a competition - Gross, tinned meat recipes - spam, potted meat, Vienna sausage. I am sure there are others out there equally disgusting.
That would actually be kind of fun. Transform something gross into a delectable dish.:roflmao:
Seriously - The awesome chefs on this forum would be up to the task.
I remember an episode of a cooking show - maybe Master Chef, where the challenge ingredient was tinned Vienna Sausage .
Unless you set up a challenge I will pass.

SPAM also makes pretty good sliders. Grill or fry them, add some cheese, cut them in half and put them on some slider rolls.

SpamOnGrill.jpg

CD

Next week (2nd -8th March) is Spam appreciation week in the UK. There is even a recipe competition here: SPAM® Brand Appreciation Week 2020. Spam was mentioned recently on the forum: Food Trends. Will you be joining in the celebration? Do you have some favourite Spam recipes?

See also caseydog's Spam Kebab.

Wait a minute, tomorrow is March 8, so it would already be over??

Regardless, I'll pass.

On another note, Vienna sausage was all oldest DGD would eat for a while when she was younger. I gagged inside every time I opened a can for her. I blame her mother, our DD.

I love Vienna sausages. Around here, everyone calls them "Vie-eener wieners."

My wife's second favorite sandwich is a potted meat sandwich. Every Christmas, one of her stocking stuffers will be a couple of little single-serving cans of potted meat.

My favorite dish with SPAM was the fried rice I used to get at the Plattsburgh (NY) AFB bowling alley. Best fried rice I've ever had, by a long way.

1583646366232.png

"Made With Chicken, Beef and Pork Added in Chicken Broth" Translation: Mystery Meat in a gelatinous mess. Potted Meat is worse. If I had to choose I would go with Spam. The more I think about it I think tinned mystery meat would be a good challenge.

Back
Top Bottom