SPAM-Fatter Than Ever?

billmarsano

Local time
7:06 AM
I can't help but think that Hormel Foods has upped rthe fat content of Spam. My eyes and ears tell me so: It used to sizzle in my pan; now it not only sizzles by occasionally makes loud snaps and pops, and even skips a little in the pan. Also, I've noticed a couple of blobs of fats on loaves I've taken straight from the can. What do you think?

Mahalo, thank you TastyReuben .
billmarsano well, the first question I'd have for you is: What kind of Spam are you using? It's all pretty relative.
As of late, there are 15 different flavors of Spam, not including the limited edition flavors out through out the World.
As SandwichShortOfAPicnic and SatNavSaysStraightOn have mentioned, it sounds like the water content is high in your can of Spam.
Me, I'm a 25% less sodium kinda Island gal, Island as in I was born and raised in Hawaii and I' here right now, so...

Mahalo, thank you TastyReuben .
billmarsano well, the first question I'd have for you is: What kind of Spam are you using? It's all pretty relative.
As of late, there are 15 different flavors of Spam, not including the limited edition flavors out through out the World.
As SandwichShortOfAPicnic and SatNavSaysStraightOn have mentioned, it sounds like the water content is high in your can of Spam.
Me, I'm a 25% less sodium kinda Island gal, Island as in I was born and raised in Hawaii and I' here right now, so...
I'm using the reduced-sodium type.

[bump]

Have y'all seen the new flavor put out by Spam® ?

SPAM® Korean BBQ Flavored | Spam

Very excited to find it!!!
Walmart is the exclusive distributor and I can't find any stores that I would go to that carries it. So, that means if I want it that bad, I'll need to have it shipped to me. 🤷‍♀️

[bump]

Have y'all seen the new flavor put out by Spam® ?

SPAM® Korean BBQ Flavored | Spam

Very excited to find it!!!
Walmart is the exclusive distributor and I can't find any stores that I would go to that carries it. So, that means if I want it that bad, I'll need to have it shipped to me. 🤷‍♀️
Sometimes Walmart offers free shipping depending on order amount. Today I ordered some stuff and some of it was for pickup but there was a portion if it not available in sore so it gets shipped for free.

my wife is the spam eater here , however i did like the spreadable spam but haven't been able to find it anywhere in a couple of years , maybe they stopped making it ?

JAS_OH1 right! I've put a can of this beauty into my Walmart cart, waiting to accumulate a minimum order.
grumpyoldman yeah, I think Spam® Spread was discontinued, but why not whiz up your own?
TastyReuben a case might be too much, well unless you could mix 'n match flavors?

Back
Top Bottom