Recipe Spam Musubi

JoshPosh

Veteran
Local time
1:27 AM
Spammusubi1011.jpg
SpamMusubi2.jpg

Spam
is a canned precooked meat product made by the Hormel Foods Corporation, first introduced in 1937. The labeled ingredients in the classic variety of Spam are chopped pork shoulder meat, with ham meat added, salt, water, modified potato starch as a binder, sugar, and sodium nitrite as a preservative.

Hawaii people take a lot of gas from everyone for eating spam. But I'll have you know that the processed hotdogs that you eat, is probably worse then spam.

Ingredients:

• 1 can of spam
  • nori (seaweed wrap)

1. cook some rice
  2. place rice into spam container shown upper right and mash lightly into shape
  3. place a slice of spam on top of the rice and wrap it with nori (seaweed wrap)
There are different variations to this recipe. Be creative and you can add eggs and a number of other treats to spice up the flavor

l.jpg

I LOVE SPAM MUSUBI!!!

I've had it for the first time I think....about a year and a half ago at a local Hawaiian restaurant and I instantly fell in love with it. I mean honestly what's not to like about rice, salty meat, and seaweed?

I would definitely try to make it myself but some of the ingredients (seaweed, mirin, etc) I can't find in my local stores or they are super super super expensive. I also can't find a nifty container like the one in the picture but I heard that you can also use a spam can instead?

You got to pan fry spam with a little bit of soy sauce and vinegar. The browning gives it such a heavenly flavor and smell. What's the sauce you got with it?

Oh wow, Spam sushi! That looks great! Using a spam can would be a great idea. You could line the inner surface with the nori, then pack the rest of the ingredients in. You'd need to be careful of sharp edges when removing it though.

Back
Top Bottom