Spice it up?

Local time
10:06 AM
Pull out those chili peppers and hot peppers everyone. New studies are suggesting that these are not only burning our tongues, they might help you live longer. Still, you should not rush out and buy all you can as studies don't seem to be conclusive.

I stumbled on the info on CNN and here is what they are saying. http://edition.cnn.com/2015/08/05/health/spicy-foods-may-help-you-live-longer-says-a-new-study/

What are your thoughts? As for me, I am always confused with new findings because before you know, they will be newer findings about those findings.

I've always thought that. They also release endorphins (feel-good hormones). :D Anyway, anything to justify my addiction to hot chillies is welcome (I eat chillies every day)! I also believe they can help weight loss as they can give lots of flavour for very little calories and the chemical in them can speed up metabolism. :happy:

I have a Canadian friend that only wants me to bring pepper sauce if I am going to visit. I am always in awe when I see him five into the peppers like candy. When he visits everything I cook requires more pepper. He doesn't seem to be ever ill.

I should try eating some hot peppers and see how it affects those "feel good" hormones Morning Glory..... .....I am excited about these findings after all.

I have a Canadian friend that only wants me to bring pepper sauce if I am going to visit. I am always in awe when I see him five into the peppers like candy. When he visits everything I cook requires more pepper. He doesn't seem to be ever ill.

I should try eating some hot peppers and see how it affects those "feel good" hormones Morning Glory..... .....I am excited about these findings after all.

You must! If you can take the heat (and I know lots of people can't) they are magic! Tonight I'm in a hotel and I'm going to miss my chilli pepper hit.:cry: They do chilli (with rice or baked potato), but I know without ordering it that to won't be remotely hot. I really should have put that bottle of Naga chilli sauce in my handbag.

You must! If you can take the heat (and I know lots of people can't) they are magic! Tonight I'm in a hotel and I'm going to miss my chilli pepper hit.:cry: They do chilli (with rice or baked potato), but I know without ordering it that to won't be remotely hot. I really should have put that bottle of Naga chilli sauce in my handbag.

My friend who leaves me speechless will sometimes add the hot peppers to the hot sauce. It is unreal. Peppers and alcohol he consumes like nothing. My husband likes hot stuff as well and I sometimes think he's much healthier than I am. My eyes are running and I am fanning mouth opened wide whenever I eat anything remotely hot.

Although I like my food with a little pepper, I am not very fond of very hot spicy foods. I always get the feeling that these foods are not good for one's stomach and that frequent use could have a negative effect on the digestive system over time. However, I was also under the impression that pepper or anything spicy was good for the circulation as well as for decreasing inflammation in the body. Cayenne pepper is also known to be good for respiratory problems.

I believe, like in everything else, that moderation is the key here. Adding pepper to food helps in flavouring the food, but food that is too spicy, in my opinion, takes away something from the original flavour of whatever it is you are eating. Whenever I am eating anything that is too spicy or has too much pepper, I always have to be sipping a cold beverage in between bites to cool my tongue and my throat.

We always use chilli sauce condiments wit our meals from nandos sauce to sweet chilli or Tabasco

Most of my food is cooked with spices. I have a collection of all kinds of spices which I generously use when cooking. I love the taste of spicy food and cannot have it any other way.

Most of my food is cooked with spices. I have a collection of all kinds of spices which I generously use when cooking. I love the taste of spicy food and cannot have it any other way.

I have a few relatives that love to call for pepper sauce when they have a plate of food in front of them. I always tell them it's suggesting my food is tasteless, but I guess it's a habit they find difficult to break. We have a bottled seasoning in our country and it's carried in a jerk and regular flavour. When my husband shops for it, he'll buy the jerk five times before he buys one of a regular flavour. I often have to remind him that not all of us want scorching tongues. Like you, he likes me to use it GENEROUSLY in the cooking.

Back
Top Bottom