Recipe Spicy Gochujang Pork

SlightlyConfused

Local time
3:04 PM
Mod.Edit post copied over and slightly edited to start new recipe thread

Now as for the Spicy Gochujang I am not sure how well it will turn out since I only was planning to make it. I have a issue with the way the pork is cooked, I am debating on changing that part of the recipe but like i said I will make that decision the day I make it.

I will be making a few minor changes mostly around the cooking of the pork. I will see when I make it if I do make changes. Now that I have had to put the Gochujang on temporary hold I am looking at other versions as well before I commit to the one posted.

INGREDIENTS FOR SPICY GOCHUJANG PORK AND RICE BOWLS WITH SPICY GREENS

1 pound pork tenderloin

2 teaspoons vegetable oil

1 cup uncooked white rice

2 teaspoons unseasoned rice vinegar

2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds

Salt and pepper to taste

4 scallions, divided

GOCHUJANG SAUCE

2 tablespoons gochujang (Or, use sriracha if you can’t find gochujang)

1 tablespoon hot water

1 tablespoon soy sauce

1 teaspoon white sugar

SPICY GREENS

1 red Fresno chili pepper

1 medium shallot

4 garlic cloves

1” piece of fresh ginger

2 large carrots

1/4 cup water

2 cups fresh baby spinach

Salt and pepper to taste

For Garnish:

Reserved scallion greens, toasted sesame seeds, and more gochujang (or sriracha)

METHOD
Prepare Ingredients: Preheat oven to 425ºF. Pat the pork dry and set aside. Prepare the rice according to package instructions and fluff with a fork. Keep warm. Trim the scallions and rinse. Thinly all 4 scallions, keeping the white parts and green parts separate. Reserve a pinch of scallion greens for garnish and set aside. Divide the remaining scallion greens into two piles. (You’ll use half the scallion greens for the sauce and half for the rice.) Thinly slice the chili pepper (remove seeds if desired). Peel and thinly slice the shallot. Peel and mince the garlic cloves. Peel the ginger and use the back of your knife to mash the ginger into the cutting board to break it apart and then mince. Peel the carrots and slice thinly on an angle.

Cook the Pork: In a large, oven-proof skillet, heat the vegetable oil over medium high until very hot. Pat the pork dry once more and season with salt and pepper all over. Transfer to the hot oil and cook each side for about 3 minutes on each side until well-browned all over. Transfer to the oven and roast for 10-15 minutes more or until the pork registers 145ºF at the thickest part. Remove and rest for 10 minutes and keep warm. Return the skillet to the stove, leaving the oil and browned bits in the skillet.

While the pork is cooking, prepare the sauce and rice, as follows.

Prepare the Gochujang Sauce: In a medium mixing bowl, combine the gochujang, soy sauce, hot water, and sugar and whisk to combine until the sugar is dissolved. Add half the sliced scallion greens. Set aside.

Prepare the Seasoned Rice: Transfer the cooked rice to a bowl and add the vinegar, toasted sesame seeds, and the other half of the scallion greens. Season with salt and toss to combine. Taste and add more vinegar, sesame seeds, or salt to your preference. Keep warm.

Prepare the Spicy Spinach: Return the skillet used for the pork to medium high. Add the sliced shallot, minced ginger, and sliced chili pepper to the skillet and cook for 1 minute until just beginning to soften. Add the thinly sliced white parts of the scallions and the minced garlic and cook, stirring frequently for 30-45 seconds more. Add the carrots and cook for 4-5 minutes until just beginning to soften. Turn the heat to high and continue cooking until the carrots just begin to turn brown around the edges, about 2-3 minutes more. Add 1/4 cup water and reduce heat to medium, scraping up any browned bits stuck to the bottom of the pan. Cook for a few more minutes until the carrots are soft but still a bit crunchy. Add the baby spinach and cook until just wilted, about 1-3 minutes. Remove from heat.

Right Before Serving: Very thinly slice the pork and toss in the gochujang sauce.

To Serve: Divide the seasoned rice between bowls and arrange the gochujang pork and spicy spinach on top. Garnish each bowl with the reserved scallion greens, more toasted sesame seeds if desired, and additional gochujang if desired. Enjoy!

https://www.triedandtruerecipe.com/2018/06/02/spicy-gochujang-pork-and-rice-bowls-with-spicy-greens/

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom