Spiralizers

medtran49

Forum GOD!
Local time
12:19 PM
How many of you have one or can get spiralized vegetables at the grocery? I've been thinking about a recipe for the celery competition using celery root/celeriac using the spiralizer and was wondering. We have the attachment for the KA that peels and also makes various size thin and wide noodles, and don't use it nearly enough. I hear there are also some decent hand crank spiralizers on the market, though have never tried any of them. The last few times we were at the grocery I noticed they had spiralized zucchini, yellow squash and carrots packaged for sale, so I'm guessing they might be able to spiralize other veges for you if you ask. We've used ours for butternut squash, potatoes, the 2 soft squashes, carrots, and apples. Haven't tried celery root, but there's no reason it wouldn't work and I bet it would make nice noodles.

Yes they sell them in the supermarkets here - its a fad that started a few years back. I think it can look pretty but it can also be style over substance. I have a very simple hand held non-motorised spiralizer which cost peanuts. I don't use it very much but I may have a go at spiralizing celeriac. Celeriac Remoulade is julienned celeriac so I reckon spiralized would look good in that dish, perhaps. I was thinking of making a vegan remoulade...

Back
Top Bottom