Steak? Chicken? Burgers? Or Something Else?

Kate

Veteran
Local time
3:47 PM
What is your favorite thing to cook outdoors? I think for me it would have to be burgers, hands down. There's nothing like a grilled burger made in wide open spaces! I can take or leave hot dogs.

I like barbequed chicken on the grill, too, but not so enthusiastic over steak on the grill. Sausages/brats, absolutely. :thumbsup:

Haha pretty much any meat is excellent on the grill. Sausages, steaks and chicken... I usually make all the 3. Also some vegetables, such as corn, are excellent.

I'm sort of a burger guy. I like the idea of brats but the reality is never as good as I wish it was. Steak can be cooked "better" elsewhere. Ribs are great but I'm not patient enough to do them right. So, the point of all that is that burgers are good off the grill without taking all day or needing a kitchen full of extras. As for chicken, I say let the little buggers live. They are better as birds then they are as meat.

I am quite happy with sausages but I find burgers can be a bit dry and crispy. I really like well prepared and marinaded chicken and also vegetables on skewers.

I like all kinds of meat from pork chops to chicken. I like ribs and hamburgers too as well as hotdogs. You can't have a BBQ without hotdogs and hamburgers:hungry:. I also like grill some vegetables too especially corn. Grilled corn on the cob is so good.

Probably my favorite non-meat item is slices of fresh pineapple that are being mopped with a brown-sugar-honey glaze (literally brown sugar and honey thinned with water).

Oh wow now that sounds good. I want some. I will have to make me some soon. I love pineapples.

Maybe all in this order :D For me personally it really doesn't matter as long as it's meat. I love everything that is meat whether it's chicken, steak or anything else. I also like burgers but I do not eat it often because I know it's not the most healthiest food in the world. Although I like all of what I just mentioned, when I got out pizza is something that I have to have, I'm kind of addicted :)

Hey there are a lot of people addicted to pizza. I love pizza and I do eat more than I should, but it's so good and you can get so many varieties. You can even make a healthy pizza and put chicken on it too.

Burgers of course, because you can crank up the heat and get a nice char on them without having to worry about the mess they would make splattering all over your stove top.

I also like to make grilled chicken on the outdoor grill because you can get such an intense sear on the outside before the inside dries out. There is a quick marinade I use on chicken which is basically white wine, butter, lemon juice, and white pepper. I dip the chicken in it (or ladle some over the chicken) just before I am about to throw it on the grill. The quick sear is important to lock in that flavor on the meat, otherwise it all drains off as the meat sweats and doesn't impart any flavor.

I will have to try that when I grill chicken. Mine always turns out dry, but it still tastes good.

I prefer chicken over steaks, burgers and anything else. I am not into eating red meat that much for health reasons. Chicken with its white meat will do wonders for me that is cook in different recipes.

Whenever we grill, it's normally a combo of foods - chicken, sausage and beef. So, I have no favorite meat. They all taste better (to me) after being smoked. There's something about this process that infuses flavor into a piece of meat.

Well I'm Brazilian, so I would be crazy if I said anything other than steak! We have really good barbecues here with steaks. I particularly am not the best at grilling steaks outdoors (I always get distracted and end up burning the meat!), but I sure love eating them!

Back
Top Bottom