2) Sweet Onion - 1/4
3) Anaheim Pepper - 1/4
4) Serrano Pepper - 1
5) Grated or shredded Colby Jack Cheese - 1/8 Cup
6) Hamburger Buns - 2
7) Beef Gravy (Bottled) 4 to 6 Oz.
8) Rosemary - 2 Tspns.

Procedure:

1) Slice the onion cross-wise and then in half to create strips.
2) Cross-cut the Peppers.
3) Cook the Beef Strips, Onion, Peppers and Spice with Gravy in a pan.
4) Melt in the Cheese.
5) Spoon onto the lower half of a Hamburger Bun on a serving plate.
6) Cover with the top half of the Bun.
7) Add a side dish item.
8) Serve.

NOTE: Eat with a knife and fork. The sandwich is too juicy to hold in the hands.

Last edited:
Steak with Onion, Pepper n' Cheese Gravy Sandwich:

View attachment 56697

Ingredients:

1) Beef Strips - as required
2) Sweet Onion - 1/4
3) Anaheim Pepper - 1/4
4) Serrano Pepper - 1
5) Grated or shredded Colby Jack Cheese - 1/8 Cup
6) Hamburger Buns - 2
7) Beef Gravy (Bottled) 4 to 6 Oz.
8) Rosemary - 2 Tspns.

Procedure:

1) Slice the onion cross-wise and then in half to create strips.
2) Cross-cut the Peppers.
3) Cook the Beef Strips, Onion, Peppers and Spice with Gravy in a pan.
4) Melt in the Cheese.
5) Spoon onto the lower half of a Hamburger Bun on a serving plate.
6) Cover with the top half of the Bun.
7) Add a side dish item.
9) Serve.

NOTE: Eat with a knife and fork. The sandwich is too juicy to hold in the hands.
What happened to #8? ;-)

Yup,I'd risk using my hands, and a bib? Lol.

Russ

Your post reminds me of a time when I took a gal out on date to the Sea by Monterey, CA and stopped to eat at a well known Seafood Restaurant. She had something petite and I had the Marinara with everything imaginable in it. I had a bib and nut crackers to crack open crab claws and legs, etc. It was really quite a fun meal, but she just wasn't in the spirit of the thing. She just sat there waiting for me to finish and I was going to be damned, if I was going to just get up and not enjoy polishing off a tasty and rather expensive meal.

And things got worse on the way home when I admitted to her that I dated her to make another woman jealous. Oh crap, I don't like making women cry, but that certainly did it. I was a total boore. Is that the way to spell it? Anyway, that's one that never talked to me again.

Thanks for the memory.

Your post reminds me of a time when I took a gal out on date to the Sea by Monterey, CA and stopped to eat at a well known Seafood Restaurant. She had something petite and I had the Marinara with everything imaginable in it. I had a bib and nut crackers to crack open crab claws and legs, etc. It was really quite a fun meal, but she just wasn't in the spirit of the thing. She just sat there waiting for me to finish and I was going to be damned, if I was going to just get up and not enjoy polishing off a tasty and rather expensive meal.

And things got worse on the way home when I admitted to her that I dated her to make another woman jealous. Oh crap, I don't like making women cry, but that certainly did it. I was a total boore. Is that the way to spell it? Anyway, that's one that never talked to me again.

Thanks for the memory.

Lol, I love stories like that. Growing up,with only a mum I have a ladies view on life as well. Always treated a lady with utmost respect. ( apparently my dad used to knock my mum around)
Even when an ex was stalking me when we were teens.

Russ

It looks rather good. How long did you cook the onions and peppers and beef in the gravy? I'd have been inclined to precook in oil and then add gravy.

Cook the Beef Strips, Onion, Peppers and Spice with Gravy in a pan.

Is the rosemary added at this stage (rosemary is a herb not a spice so I wasn't sure.

It looks rather good. How long did you cook the onions and peppers and beef in the gravy? I'd have been inclined to precook in oil and then add gravy.

Is the rosemary added at this stage (rosemary is a herb not a spice so I wasn't sure.

Since the Gravy is a bottled type, everything goes in at one time and cooks all together, except the Cheese, which is added at the last few minutes of cooking.

I love steak and gravy sandwiches! I have been making them for a very long time, and I always get very messy. Somehow the food escapes and gets all over my face and sometimes my clothes when I eat food like this. The bib is a very good idea! :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom