Recipe Strawberry Salsa

kgord

Veteran
Local time
9:59 PM
5-INGREDIENT STRAWBERRY SALSA

It is getting to be Springtime here in the states and Strawberry season is not far away. I can't wait to make this dish and pair it with some chicken breast...Also, I decided I have a major yen for strawberry pie. Come on strawberries!

This 5-Ingredient Strawberry Salsa is sweet, simple to make, and so delicious!

PREP: 10 MINS COOK: 0 MINS TOTAL: 10 MINS
INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 pint strawberries, hulled and finely diced
  • 1 jalapeno, stem and seeds removed, finely diced
  • half of a small red onion, peeled and finely diced (about 1/2 cup)
  • 2/3 cup finely-chopped fresh cilantro, loosely-packed
  • juice of 1 lime, about 2 tablespoons
  • (pinch of salt and black pepper)
DIRECTIONS:
Toss all ingredients together until combined. Season with extra salt and pepper, if needed.

*If you would like a sweeter salsa, feel free to stir in a few teaspoons of warmed honey.

DIFFICULTY: EASY CATEGORY: VEGAN

@kgord, this post is an interesting recipe. You need to title it with the recipe title and add Recipe as a prefix. To do this, click on 'thread tools' at the top right of your post and then on edit title.

Wow this sounds really different and very unique. The strawberries would give it a sweet taste to go with the hot. I have never heard of strawberry salsa before so you caught my attention. I will be trying this when strawberry season rolls around.

Yes, I saw this on a cooking show., and I thought it looked great. Something a little different I will be sure to be trying this when the Spring gets in full
swing. I have tried peach salsa before and maybe even pineapple, but not strawberry.

I've made a mango salsa that is very similar to this recipe and it is fantastic. It has diced mangos, red onions, cilantro, chopped jalapeno, lime juice and chopped cucumber. I paired it with chicken as well and it was fantastic. My guests also ate it with corn chips as an appetizer and loved it. I will definitely try this strawberry salsa. I never would have thought to substitute strawberries but now I'm thinking I'll add some strawberries to my mango salsa.

The best part of this dish is that nothing in this is fattening. We are going to have a warm week this week, so when I go to the store on Weds think I will pick up the ingredients for this little dish and I will let you know how it turns out. It might not technically be on my diet plan, but I would guesstimate one serving is probably 20 calories..so why not?

Ooh, I really like the idea of this. I can't tolerate jalapenos, so I wonder if I could substitute another kind, perhaps serrano? I've never made a fruit salsa, but am hearing more about alternatives to the ordinary salsa, and this seems like an easy one to try. I wish I'd seen this the other day, because Kroger had strawberries on sale, but I passed them by.

This sounds really good. I have heard of fruit salsa before but never had it so I can't think of what one would pair it with. I'm thinking of it as more a dessert thing, minus the red onion of course. I'd use it as maybe as an ice cream topping as opposed to the usual hot fudge or caramel sauce.. You could use it as opposed to your regular salsa and dip your tortilla chips in that I suppose. I could see it working with chicken though, the sweetness of the strawberry with the onion and cilantro and the chicken. I'll be making this recipe and see how those all work for me.

Oh update on this strawberry salsa I did make it and it was good, but it is quite spicy. so if you like things a bit less spicy you may wish to remove the seeds first which really is number one rule with jalapenos. I forgot to do that though so it was a little tangy. Still good though, I will definitely make it again.

@ Diane Lane, I think serranos would be a perfect substitute for the jalapenos. You know it is strawberry season now, and the stores will have them for a pittance. @ aumtumnHeartwith there is a recipe called Fire and Ice, which has something of these type paired with ice cream, for a contrasting flavor taste. I always thought it seemed interesting.

Back
Top Bottom