Student newbie!

Welcome. Making dishes to eat during the week is a good habit. It is sure better than grabbing a bite of fast food..

Pastas are great for this. They re-heat well in a microwave. Same with soups and simple stews. You can actually make a big portion on the weekend, break it into smaller portions and have multiple meals from one cook.

My sister is a Registered Nurse at a Hospital. She sometimes takes a bunch of chicken parts to my dad's house on a Sunday, and cooks it on his outdoor grill. She can portion the chicken out into meals, and use it for different things during the week -- everything from a boneless chicken breast sandwich, to some bone-in legs and thighs grill with some bbq sauce. She cooks it all at once, and has a variety of lunches for the weeks.

CD

All - please note this thread may be dead - the original poster has not returned since posting his message on 30th January. If you click on someone's avatar picture yo can see when they last visited.

All - please note this thread may be dead - the original poster has not returned since posting his message on 30th January. If you click on someone's avatar picture yo can see when they last visited.

I've stopped welcoming newbies until they post a few times. Is that bad? There seems a lot of one time posters.

Russ

I've stopped welcoming newbies until they post a few times. Is that bad? There seems a lot of one time posters.

Russ

Its not unusual - people flit about on the internet and make one off posts then never return. If someone puts a bit of effort into introducing themselves I generally reply.

Its not unusual - people flit about on the internet and make one off posts then never return. If someone puts a bit of effort into introducing themselves I generally reply.

It is sad, but true. I call them "one-post-wonders." It is sad because people make a genuine effort to welcome new members.

From what I understand, it is often just about building connections in the interwebs to show up better in searches. I don't understand that stuff, and don't have the time or interest to figure it out.

MG makes a good point. The more effort a person puts into introducing themselves, perhaps the more genuine they are.

CD

Back
Top Bottom