• 1 white minced onion
  • ground black pepper to taste
  • Extra Virgin olive oil (Evoo) to taste
  • an unpeeled clove of garlic
  • stale bread for breadcrumbs – to taste
  • salt to taste
  • 5 fresh basil leaves
Method

Wash cuttlefish, do not peel, open the belly and cut tentacles without throwing them because you will use for stuffing.

In a bowl put the breadcrumbs from stale bread, mince it with your hands and mix 2 tbsp Evoo, a generous sprinkled of ground black pepper, minced garlic, a pinch of salt, minced parsley, minced tentacles and capers.

Now place the filling in the belly of each cuttlefish, close them you can sew them with needle and thread or with toothpicks to prevent the filling from escaping during cooking.

In a large saucepan heat 2 tbsp of Evoo with the chopped onion, put the cuttlefish and brown them a few minutes taking care then turn them with a wooden spoon. Now add tomato sauce, a pinch of salt, fresh basil leaves and if necessary add a little water.

Cook over low heat for about 20 mins and turn them carefully. When the sauce has thickened, taste and switch off. Now serve up!

Lovely - I adore squid and cuttlefish cooked this way. When I've made it I usually cook the squid longer than 20 minutes. But maybe I didn't need to...

This looks wonderful! I want to make it! Whether with squid or with cuttlefish, I'm ready.

My wife hates sea food, it p's me off because I want to make this. !

Russ

Can you, once or twice a month, make a meal for YOU and she can make a meal for HER? My parents did that on occasion (although in the case of seafood, they both loved that).

This looks wonderful! I want to make it! Whether with squid or with cuttlefish, I'm ready.

Can you, once or twice a month, make a meal for YOU and she can make a meal for HER? My parents did that on occasion (although in the case of seafood, they both loved that).

Not worth it for one, if she has a weight watchers meal I make a shrimp cocktail. The old fashioned way. I love them.

Rues

Back
Top Bottom