Stuffed potato cake

Rosyrain

Veteran
Local time
6:23 PM
Yesterday I forgot to bring a lunch to work and thought I would try something new and different since I was working in the big city for the day (Seattle). I walked down the road and found this Peruvian restauarant that you probably would not give a second glance at had you not been actively looking for somewhere to eat...it is a little hole in the wall establishment. Anyhow, so I pulled out their menu and decided on a ground beef stuffed potato cake as I was in a hurry and did not have a whole lot of money to eat with. When I got the deep fried cake, I was amazed at it's size and how delicious is was! It was a mashed potato cake stuffed with seasoned ground beef and egg, and deep fried so the outside was crunchy. It was served with a side of pickled onions and cilantro, and came with a creamy jalepeno sauce for the top. I will be eating there again for sure!

That sounds great! I would love to try something like that. I don't think I've ever really had Peruvian food yet. It sounds similar to a Cuban dish, Papas Rellenas?

7688994204_3af045c80b.jpg

Your new find does sound good. I don't try many new foods due to a sentive stomach and I don't like spicy food but this sounds like something I would try without the peppers.

I have been trying to expand my culinary experiences by trying new types of food lately. I am kind of a finicky eater though, so it is not always easy for me to do. I really enjoy spicy food and can take a lot of heat. There was lots of cilantro in the particular stuffed potato I ate, so you really got a good mix of spicy and tangy.

This sounds so very good and I am definitly going to try making something like it at home. The city I live in does not have any Peruvian restraunts so it will be experimenting to create something similiar. I like trying new things and this sounds like something my grandson (who lives iwth me with his mom) would like. thanks for the new idea! I am always looking for something different to cook and this is a good way to use those leftover mashed potatoes that always seem to be in my refrigerator.

The only thing about this particular cake I did not like was that there was a purple thing in the center of it that tasted pickled and rotten all at the same time. I want to say it was a pickled olive, but not quite sure. All I know was that it tasted horrible and dirty

Back
Top Bottom