Recipe Sugar Free Eggplant Cake

classic33

Legendary Member
Local time
6:39 PM
Sugar-Free-Kids-Eggplant-Cake-recipe.jpg
Ingredients
The Cake mix

Eggplant - 1 Large Eggplant (about 450g when whole and raw)
Rice Syrup - 2 -3 heaped Tablespoons
Natvia - 1/4 cup
Butter - 80 grams or Macadamia Oil for Dairy Free
Vanilla Extract - 3 teaspoons
Cinnamon - 2 teaspoons
Eggs - 3 XL eggs
Baking Soda - 1 teaspoon
Fresh Lemon Juice - 3-4 Tablespoons (juice of half a lemon)
Salt - A large pinch
Almond Meal - 250 grams (2.5 cups)
Almond Flakes - For decoration, about 2 Tablespoons

Icing (only optional)
Coconut Butter - 1/2 cup - See Pumpkin Slice recipe for intstructions on preparation (Link below)
Coconut Oil - 2 heaped Tablespoons
Stevia Liquid Concentrate - about 6 drops

Instructions
  • You first need to bake the eggplant (this can be done in advance)
  • Place whole eggplant in a 200C oven on a tray for at least an hour. The skin will be all puffed up and as it cools you will feel the flesh extremely soft. If any liquid escapes, keep it to include in the cake
  • When the Eggplant has cooled, remove the stalk and place all of the eggplant skin and flesh it in your food processor
  • Add all of the other ingredients except the almond meal
  • Process on high until all pureed, the lemon and baking soda will interact and bubble a little
  • Scrape mix down sides and blend again if needed
  • Preheat oven to 160C non fan forced if you can or about 150C fan forced
  • Spray coconut oil into a small Bundt pan OR line a loaf tin with baking paper so it drapes over the sides to help remove the loaf later
  • Sprinkle the bundt pan with some flaked almonds to prevent sticking (the almond flakes will go on top for the loaf)
  • To finish the cake gently stir in the almond meal and pour into pan (sprinkle loaf tin with Almond flakes now)
  • Bake for about 1 hour in centre of oven
  • Once ready a tooth pick will come out clean, you will also see the sides shrinking in slightly
  • Allow to cool thoroughly before gently running a knife around the bundt pan then turning upside down on your plate to serve, the loaf will simply lift out with the aid of the paper
  • To make the optional icing melt the coconut butter (recipe is within the pumpkin slice recipe), coconut oil and liquid Stevia drops together in microwave or saucepan then pour over cake
  • Store in Fridge
Enjoy

Sugar Free Pumpkin Slice

http://www.sugarfreekids.com.au/eggplant-cake-recipe/

Last edited:
I don't have a bundt pan (I do love that word: bundt!). And I don't think this is a very appealing picture (maybe its that icing which is optional).
Dont understand this instruction:
Preheat oven to 160C non fan forced if you can or about 150C fan forced
What does forced mean.
What is Natvia? Is it like Stevia?
What is the point in the aubergine?

I don't have a bundt pan (I do love that word: bundt!). And I don't think this is a very appealing picture (maybe its that icing which is optional).
Dont understand this instruction: What does forced mean.
What is Natvia? Is it like Stevia?
What is the point in the aubergine?
Picture changed
Forced Oven - Fan Assisted Oven
Nativia - Similar, cookingwise http://www.natvia.co.uk/stevia/ & http://www.natvia.co.uk/about-natvia/
Point of the Aubergine - When an Eggplant is baked it has a similar texture to a very ripe banana so this is much like a Sugar Free Banana cake recipe using Eggplant as the fruit. The result is amazing, a really delicious, moist, creamy cake which is Sugar Free, Gluten Free, Grain Free and can be Dairy Free easily.

Bundt Pan. Used to give the cake its shape.
Bundt Pan.jpg

Picture changed
Forced Oven - Fan Assisted Oven
Nativia - Similar, cookingwise http://www.natvia.co.uk/stevia/ & http://www.natvia.co.uk/about-natvia/
Point of the Aubergine - When an Eggplant is baked it has a similar texture to a very ripe banana so this is much like a Sugar Free Banana cake recipe using Eggplant as the fruit. The result is amazing, a really delicious, moist, creamy cake which is Sugar Free, Gluten Free, Grain Free and can be Dairy Free easily.

Bundt Pan. Used to give the cake its shape.
View attachment 1941
Thank you!

I would love to eat a cake that's sugar free. Would I want it to be this? I can't say for sure. And the Pumpkin slice, is that a bonus?

I would love to eat a cake that's sugar free. Would I want it to be this? I can't say for sure. And the Pumpkin slice, is that a bonus?
I notice the cake contains rice syrup. According to Wiki:

Brown rice syrup (BRS) has a glycemic index (GI) of 98 which is higher than table sugar (65) and about the same as glucose (100), the sugar used as the baseline to measure other foods against.[5]

I notice the cake contains rice syrup. According to Wiki:
Oh my goodness! I just saw the title and ass-u-med it really was sugar free in the true sense of the word. Stevia, natvia and all the rest of it. Do you call this false advertising?
I still believe a cake can be sugar free and delicious. We'll wait for Classic33 to find us one that's really sugar free.

This is a very interesting recipe good job! I never thought eggplants or aubergines can be made into a cake. then again if we have carrot cake and pumpkin cake why not an eggplant? this cake you just made is a very healthy cake I wish I could buy one. I am not a baker so I do not wish to attempt this recipe for now, Maybe in the near future but for health-conscious readers out there this is a recipe worth sharing. bon appetit!

This is a very interesting recipe good job! I never thought eggplants or aubergines can be made into a cake. then again if we have carrot cake and pumpkin cake why not an eggplant? this cake you just made is a very healthy cake I wish I could buy one. I am not a baker so I do not wish to attempt this recipe for now, Maybe in the near future but for health-conscious readers out there this is a recipe worth sharing. bon appetit!

Wilson Wade, welcome to the forum. I was not much of a baker myself, but after I joined the forum, I soon found out baking was not as difficult as I thought. Maybe the same will happen to you. Before you know it you will be baking beetroot cakes or some other less known vegetable like yacon.

There's a Brussel Sprout Cake, if you want to try an odd recipe.

I have just made the eggplant cake. OMG everyone needs to try this cake it is so yummy!!! Thanks for sharing this great Gluten free, :chef:

This recipe sounds really interesting. Next time I there's a good deal on eggplants at the grocery store, I'll give this a try. Thanks for sharing this recipe and when I try it, I'll give you my feedback.

Back
Top Bottom