Sugar substitutes

What are brown sugar substitutes? Really, I don't know...
I was hazarding a guess at these. Just for info, given they are not options m 09342985000844_A1N1.jpgMonkfruitBROWNCanister200gFRONT.png

There are others. I have a couple in my pantry

16799646676342915150925534311478.jpg

I bought it when my stepfather was here. I don't really like that one but the white one I use is excellent

16799648010451118014883101557296.jpg

(And no I didn't use them in my recipes, though I did have to raid ever single brown and raw sugar sachet from our cupboards and picnic box :whistling: . I've been using the raw sugar in my water kefir and hadn't realised I was almost out of it, lol)

I was hazarding a guess at these. Just for info, given they are not options mView attachment 97927View attachment 97928

There are others. I have a couple in my pantry

View attachment 97929

I bought it when my stepfather was here. I don't really like that one but the white one I use is excellent

View attachment 97930

(And no I didn't use them in my recipes, though I did have to raid ever single brown and raw sugar sachet from our cupboards and picnic box :whistling: . I've been using the raw sugar in my water kefir and hadn't realised I was almost out of it, lol)
I actually like the monk fruit sweetener. I don't like stevia though. And yeah they are both natural plant derivatives.

I actually like the monk fruit sweetener. I don't like stevia though. And yeah they are both natural plant derivatives.
The bottom one is so good I use it most of the time for coffee now. My coffee was the main source of sugar in my diet outside of fruit, and calorie counting... ordinarily I don't like stevia either but it doesn't taste in this particular product. Sadly availability is an issue so I buy it $100 at a time for free postage direct from the manufacturer website. Each time you buy, you earn points so this last lot I ended up with $150 of product (18 tins! ) to qualify for the free postage, Aussie post is $$$). I had to get the cost back to $100 after the deductions to qualify for the free post... that will last 9 months or so. Usual it $100 will last 6 months. I need to remember to spend the points more often and stop hoarding them :wacky:

View attachment 97934
This one is phenomenally good. It measures like sugar, and it taste like it. Best of all, it is 0 calories. I know it’s not permitted for the competition, but I highly recommend it.
I'm not familiar with that one, but looking at it on iherb, I can see that they stock it in 3 varieties. (Brown, confectionery and granular). Next time I place an order with them I may try it.

Erythritol is not gut friendly for many people, unfortunately.
Stevia vs. Erythritol
It seems to go through a fermentation process after enzymes are added looking at the company's website.

Learn About Swerve's Team & Founder | Swerve

I don't know if that changes Erythritol at all but if guess it probably does. Not that I'm defending it. It's not at the top of my list to use ordinarily either, but I guess it could change it.

I only have 1 sweetener that I like and use. Otherwise I just half the quantity of sugar.

I'm not familiar with that one, but looking at it on iherb, I can see that they stock it in 3 varieties. (Brown, confectionery and granular). Next time I place an order with them I may try it.

I've used all 3 varieties. The granular sugar substitute is the only one that doesn't "feel" like granular sugar, but it does measure and taste like it when used in a recipe.

Erythritol is not gut friendly for many people, unfortunately.
Stevia vs. Erythritol
I find 12g of Truvia (mainly erythritol) is OK, but 15g gives me constipation. I have it twice a week. Has anyone used this particular stevia? It says to use 6 drops per teaspoon (4g) of sugar. My chocolate quinoa recipe has 20g of sugar and 12g of sugar, so it's anyone's guess!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/NKD-Living...locphy=9045981&hvtargid=pla-482767716204&th=1

It may be worth trying xylitol. It has 40% less calories than sugar.

Back
Top Bottom