Summer Squash

CraigC

Guru
Local time
1:14 AM
Zucchini and yellow squash. What are some of your favorite recipes you make with them? I like making zucchini pirogues and stuffing them with seafood stuffing or etouffee or seafood butter cream sauces. Also casseroles with alternate layers of zucchini and yellow squash.

Zucchini and yellow squash. What are some of your favorite recipes you make with them? I like making zucchini pirogues and stuffing them with seafood stuffing or etouffee or seafood butter cream sauces. Also casseroles with alternate layers of zucchini and yellow squash.

Courgettes grown here, my fave way is on another thread about Japanese food.

Russ

Nobody else cooks with Summer Squash?

I'm sure they do - we don't call them summer squash in the UK. 'Courgettes' for 'Zucchini' and 'Vegetable Marrow or simply 'Marrow'' for the big green summer squash (see below). Are the yellow ones you refer to what we would call yellow courgettes?

images-24.jpeg

Crook neck, wtf, lol. Wife grows courgettes green and yellow. Mainly give away or stir fries. If left them turn into,marrows. We don't like marrows. Squash are sometimes referred to as pumpkin. We love pumpkin. I propagate courgettes from seed for my kids as well.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom