Sweet or Spicy?

zararian

Veteran
Local time
6:55 AM
Which taste do you prefer more?
I am more into the sweet taste. Whenever I am the one cooking or preparing foods, the sweet taste is the common taste as I am not fond of eating spicy foods. My sweet tooth is definitely more dominant. :P

Which taste do you prefer more?
I am more into the sweet taste. Whenever I am the one cooking or preparing foods, the sweet taste is the common taste as I am not fond of eating spicy foods. My sweet tooth is definitely more dominant. :P

Spicy for me, sweet for my husband.

I do often get a craving to eat something sweet, and cinnamon is a spice I like because it adds sweetness.

I would rather be eating a good main course than just have something sweet. I like the spices used in Italian, Chinese and Indian foods. I use peppery spices sometimes, but nothing too hot.

I have a major sweet tooth, and have learned to tolerate just a little spiciness.

But there's no reason that you can't have both, like with cinnamon. They're not contradictory flavors.

I'd prefer the sweet taste over spicy, because I think spicy ingredients tend to overpower the flavor of the dish, especially when it's used too liberally. I do still eat spicy foods from time to time, but I rarely would seek it out and I would usually prefer my dish not to have spicy elements unless it's subtle enough for me to still be able to enjoy all the other layers of the taste.

Generally I'd go with spicy. Though obviously both types have their own uses and there are some sweet foods (such as chiken in a sweet & sour sauce) that I absolutely can't resist.

I always put a little dash of white sugar in some of my recipes instead of using MSG which is not healthy to use. But I like spicy dishes too like Kimchi which is very delicious too!

I love them both combined. But whenever that they don't match up, I prefer the food that I am eating to be spicy, almost all. In fact when what I am eating is not spicy, I feel like it's bland. I don't enjoy it.

I prefer sweet and spicey. The blend of both just makes the meals more savory. My husband prefers sweet though.

I can do with both and be happy. I cook with fruits such as pineapple a lot and add it too my spicy stir fry. Nice flavor balance.

Back
Top Bottom