Hemulen

Woof-woof
Local time
7:56 AM
Sweet potato & feta salad
batasala_14.jpg

Serves 4-5 (as a side dish or snack) | Preparation & cooking time 35-45 minutes

Ingredients / Salad body

~330 g/0.66 lb/10.56 oz sweet potato (1/2 medium-sized sweet potato)
100 g/0.44 lb/7 oz feta (type) cheese
3 (organic) eggs
2 medium-sized bell peppers
1 medium-sized swede/turnip, (approximately the same weight as half a sweet potato)
2-3 shallots (and a pinch of butter or vegetable oil for stir-frying)
salt & pepper
a small handful of chives for garnish
a small handful of tiny berries (wild strawberries, currants, raspberries,…) for garnish

Ingredients / Dressing

100 g/0.44 lb/7 oz feta (type) cheese
3 tablespoons macadamia nut oil or evoo
2-3 tablespoons white wine vinegar/white balsamic/apple cider vinegar
2 heaped teaspoons honey
½ red chil(l)i pepper
1 tablespoon strong mustard
zest and juice of 2 limes
1 heaped teaspoon unsalted curry spice mix
1 heaped teaspoon dried dill

Instructions

Peel and halve the sweet potato and steam (25-50 minutes) or cook it in water (20-45 minutes) or microwave it (2 tablespoons of water on the plate, ~10 minutes; turn after 5 minutes) until it’s tender.
2. Boil the eggs to your liking (until they’re semi soft or hard, ~6-12 minutes).
3. Chop and stir-fry the shallots in butter or oil on medium heat for a couple of minutes. Season lightly with salt & pepper and take aside.
4. Grate the lime zests, squeeze the juice and chop the chil(l)i.
5. Mix the dressing: cut 100g/0.44 lb feta into small bits and mix the cheese with oil, vinegar, honey, chil(l)i, mustard, lime zest and juice, curry spice mix and dried dill with an electric blender or mixer until the cheese has crumbled into tiny grains.
6. Cut the cooked sweet potato, peeled raw swede/turnip and bell peppers into sticks and mix carefully on a salad plate.
7. Pour over the dressing.
8. Crumble the rest of the feta into chunks and sprinkle on top.
9. Cut the boiled eggs into halves or quarters and array them on top of the salad.
10. Sprinkle the fried shallots on top and garnish with lengthy pieces of chives and berries.

Serve with e.g. fish fillets or poultry.

batasala_a.jpg

Back
Top Bottom