Sweet Potato Pizza

Brizeida

Veteran
Local time
7:24 AM
Hey guys!
I wanted to say that I am big fan of this kind of pizza!
Has anyone here tried that? Instead of using regular flour, you mash sweet potatoes (boiled) and bake the "dough" in the oven until the crust has formed.
It is very delicious and nutritional!

This intrigues me...

Do you have a recipe that accompanies this idea? I'd like to see a step by step break down if possible. I always like to see the process. Helps pump me up.

That is a really novel idea...Hmm...does it crisp up like normal pizza dough or is it more on the flaky side?

That is a really novel idea...Hmm...does it crisp up like normal pizza dough or is it more on the flaky side?

That is what I would like to know, too!

I was telling my mom about this idea. We were like, oh this sound interesting! Then we laughed, when we said, at the same time, we wondered, if my husband could make it for us! See, I really do not to spend more time on this forum! If I do not learn to cook, at least, I will come up with some good ideas for my better half! Just kidding, well kind of! I will keep an eye on this thread to see, if anyone steps forward with a recipe! Meanwhile I am going to investigate! :scratchhead:

I love sweet potatoes and I do eat this twice a week either I make sweet potato fries or I boiled it. And one thing it is a very healthy food and a good source of carbohydrates. And this Sweet Potato Pizza is something new and sounds interesting to be a nutritious kind of pizza. I would be glad if the recipe will be shared in this forum.:chef::cook:

Ah I've heard about this! A member of a famous K-Pop group did this dish in one variety show and it looked really delicious. He said it was a great substitute for pizza and it's filling as well since it is potato. The toppings he added on top weren't usual though and he added corn there too but there was also a lot of cheese and the guests who tried it were really pleased. I'd love to try this soon.

This intrigues me...

Do you have a recipe that accompanies this idea? I'd like to see a step by step break down if possible. I always like to see the process. Helps pump me up.
I am likewise intrigued and I would love a recipe myself. I had a quick look online but what I saw at a quick glance looked like toppings of sweet potato as opposed to the sweet potato forming the dough. I would like the step by step as well.

It sounds like a great idea but I am not too sure..... The idea intrigued me and seeing as there was no receipe here I decided to google it and see. It seems that there are a few receipes online but every one of them makes the pizza look really dry and not very appetising... I really want to try it and see how it turns out but I would be interested to see if someone has a tried and tested simple receipe?

Also what toppings would be good on such a pizza? As in just treat it like a dough base or certain things would not be a good combination ?

This does sound interesting, I also would like to see a recipe and what toppings are on the pizza.

We are sweet potato eaters because sweet potato is very common here. It is considered vegetable particularly the leaves and the tuber are classified as root crop that is good for making snack food. I cannot imagine how sweet potato pizza would taste because sweet potato is naturally sweet. But I know those pizza makers and their penchant for creative mixes of toppings and flavorings, I'm sure their concoction is worth a try. But for now, I will satiate myself with pepperoni and cheese.

Back
Top Bottom