Sweet tatters aka kumara chips perfectly cooked.

rascal

Forum GOD!
Local time
9:26 AM
Ok I have mentioned these previously, after I ordered a meal from a restaurant on our dinner club night, I was served as a side kumara fries that were crunchy and heaven sent morsels. I even got three others to try, they even agreed how good they were. I normally use red kumara although we get about three different types here. So over the last three weeks I've been trying to recreate these chips/ fries. I tried two different times using my oven, set on different heights in the oven and heats. Fan assisted and non fan. They were ok but as caseydog mentioned they always went soggy. I experienced the same with them going "limp" lol.
So last night we had chicken eggs n chips, I decided to use orange kumara hand cut chips and tried my two cook method on the kumara. I used krinkle cut plus my trial chips, pre cooked then cooked again on serving, my wife said they were the same as our first experience, crispy and beautiful.
A great result, I'll be doing this more often.

Russ

So can you explain the two cook method? I am presuming you mean deep frying...

Yup same as I do my fries, cook once about half way cooked, I like to leave it then to go cold. Then fry again prior to serving. If it hadn't worked I was going to go down the air fryer road??
And I didn't really want to go there. $$$$$$$$

Russ

Back
Top Bottom