Swordfish

Jessi

Veteran
Local time
7:17 PM
When I was a kid, we would sometimes buy swordfish. We would cut it into thick chunks, batter it, and then fry it.

How else can it be cooked, though? I love it battered and fried, but it's not exactly the healthiest, so I'd love to find some other tried and true recipes that you guys recommend.

Sword fish is terrific on the grill or broiled and it doesn't take long to cook. You should marinate before hand to get the moisture content up. I use olive oil, lemon juice, two cloves of crushed garlic, and white wine for the marinade. For garnish lemon slices and some fresh parsley.

Interesting, I've never tried it fried in any fashion, I've only had it grilled like a giant steak, served with broiled tomatoes. I loved the taste and texture of it, reminded me of salmon but without as strong of a smell/flavor. The only thing I didn't care for with it was the bloodline running through the flesh - those parts tasted a bit bitter.

Unfortunately, from what I've read, Swordfish is among the fish that have the highest levels of mercury, so I would only eat it in moderation.

I like swordfish best cooked simply. I either grill it (a healthy option) or bake it in the oven with a knob of butter and wrapped in aluminium foil. Adding lemon juice also adds to the flavor. I like firelily's idea of using white wine and garlic with it too.

Back
Top Bottom