T-Bone's Sampler Plate

Local time
2:13 AM
Here in New England, we have tons of T-Bone Steakhouses. It might be an international chain, I honestly don't know, but I just had to write about how awesome their sampler plate is! It comes with tons of different appetizers. You get mozzarella squares, onion rings, tortilla chips with a special guacamole mix, little chicken quadrilles, and nacho cheese potatoes with bacon. It's one of the best dishes I've had in awhile! Do you like to try samplers when you go out to eat?

I love samplers, particularly for things like appetizers. Cheese and/or meat boards are good too.

I'm actually surprised at how few restaurants do this, since it seems like the ideal way to entice customers to order more stuff when they return.

I always enjoy the sampler dishes when we go out to eat. It gives me a chance to try new things without having to worrying about wasting my money because I didn't like what I ordered. There's always something in the sampler I will like. The only drawback to the samplers is the inability to substitute items. But, I still think the sampler is a great idea!

I always get samplers as my meal when I go out. I don't know if that makes me greedy but oh we'll I get to have a variety instead of one thing I might not like.

I love samplers too and I can't help some when I go dining out, but when I go to my favorite Angus Steakhouse, I don't like anything but my meat.

When I worked at TGI Fridays, people would always try and get "substitutions" on the sampler platters - not happening. They would basically want to "substitute" the cheaper items in the platter with the more expensive items in the platter. You can't swap out the nachos with cheese for more fried calamari, for obvious reasons. Then they would argue with us, when nowhere on the menu does it state that each item is of equal value and interchangeable. Just order two of the item you want, instead of trying to reconfigure the sampler platter - geesh.

We will often each order an appetizer and pass them around and try a little of everyone else's stuff. One time, I accidentally ordered "sweetbreads" not knowing exactly what they were, and was a little surprised when almost everyone else at the table declined to have any - until I found out what they actually were a few weeks later.

We will often each order an appetizer and pass them around and try a little of everyone else's stuff.

I prefer this method too. In fact, not too many restaurants in here have a sampler plate which is a shame really. But yes, sharing appetizers (or even part of the main dish) is a good idea since it let's you taste a bit of everything.

Back
Top Bottom