Recipe Tahinut Butter and Chutnelly Sandwich

The Late Night Gourmet

Home kook
Staff member
Local time
12:30 PM
Website
absolute0cooking.com

If you think this isn’t a serous entry, you don’t know me very well. Sometimes, what seems ridiculous can turn into the sublime. This isn't one of those times, but I like what came together here. You can certainly do this with commercially-available tahini and chutney, but what's the fun in that?

Ingredients

Chutney
- what I made was a variation of the linked, with blueberries and mango; I added grated ginger this time.
Tahini Paste
papadum bread

Directions

1. Prepare papadum as instructed. Mine are thin, flat sheets that puff up in one minute in the microwave.

2. Carefully spread tahini paste on one side of the papadum. Note that I am doing this on a paper towel...this can get messy.

3. Carefully spread chutney on the other side of the papadum.

4. Use knife to carefully cut the papadum in half, between the tahini and chutney. It is impossible to avoid breaking it somewhat, which is why I did this on a paper towel. Stick the two halves together. Enjoy!

Last edited:
View attachment 44515

If you think this isn’t a serous entry, you don’t know me very well. Sometimes, what seems ridiculous can turn into the sublime. This isn't one of those times, but I like what came together here. You can certainly do this with commercially-available tahini and chutney, but what's the fun in that?

Ingredients

Chutney
- what I made was a variation of the linked, with blueberries and mango; I added grated ginger this time.
Tahini Paste
papadum bread

Directions

1. Prepare papadum as instructed. Mine are thin, flat sheets that puff up in one minute in the microwave.

2. Carefully spread tahini paste on one side of the papadum. Note that I am doing this on a paper towel...this can get messy.

View attachment 44513

3. Carefully spread chutney on the other side of the papadum.

View attachment 44514

4. Use knife to carefully cut the papadum in half, between the tahini and chutney. It is impossible to avoid breaking it somewhat, which is why I did this on a paper towel. Stick the two halves together. Enjoy!

View attachment 44515
I made a tahini and jam sandwich just for fun. Your take is over the top.

It was surprisingly tasty, too. Most jams and jellies are too sweet...not an issue in the case of chutney. Papadum tends to break as you bite it, so it was not really the best vehicle for a sandwich, but it also wasn't as bad as it sounds. The tahini and chutney held the papadum pieces together, and made it possible to eat without too much of a mess. Naan bread would have been better. Still, not something that I won't do again.

Back
Top Bottom