Recipe Tapas: Spanish Fresh Sausage & Chunky Potatoes.

Francesca

Local time
12:18 AM
sausages&potatoesSPANISH20140905_144451.jpg

Photo Copyright: Francesca Guillamet

Patata Bravas, or Spanish spicy potatoes are one of the most popular Spanish tapas in the country. However, this récipe is not Patatas Bravas, it is fresh grilled sausages served in a terracotta earthenware with chunky potatoes (the same chunky potatoes as used in Patatas Bravas).

Ingredients
Fresh Spanish sausage
1 tbsp of evoo
4 to 5 large potatoes for frying.
1 tsp. of smoked pimentón paprika - La Vera
1 tsp of unbleached flour
1 cup beef broth
1 tiny guindilla (dried chilli pepper)
1 tbsp Italian tomato paste (jar)
1 tbsp white wine vinegar

Method
  1. Grill the Spanish sausage until tender yet well done, with a pinch of salt of choice.
  2. Slice the potatoes in chunks and fry in evoo for approx 25 minutes until golden.
  3. Just before the end of the frying, turn up the heat to brown the potatoes.
  4. Transfer the drained potatoes to a Dutch casserole.
  5. Prepare the Brava sauce, by heating 1 tbsp of evoo, the flour and paprika and gradually add 1 cup of beef broth or home made stock to the skillet. Stir clockwise constantly.
  6. Add the vinegar and the chilli pepper crumbled. Stir clockwise again.
  7. Check the seasoning and place the potatoes in the Dutch Casserole with the finished sausages that were grilled and drained from the oil and sausage fat.
This recipe can be made with turkey, pork, beef or vegetarian sausages. Serve in earthenware (cazuelas) and enjoy with a glass of Priorat oak aged red wine or Penèdes oak aged red wine, from: Las Bodegas Miguel Torres - called: Sangre de Toro.

Last edited by a moderator:
This sounds as if it could be quite a spicy dish. As a tapas, is it served cold, room temperature or hot? But what I really want to know is if stirring clockwise really makes a difference. LOL. :D

@morning glory

It is lightly spicy ! Depends on how much dry chilie pepper used ! Pimenton or Smoked Paprika, I used the sweet. I actually made this as a tapa for my husband and he likes his hot. He likes this Tapa every once in awhile. Room temperature chunky potatoes, are not that appetising in my opinión.

It is Mediterranean, to stir clockwise. However, if you wish to stir counter clockwise, go ahead ..

Have a nice day ..

Last edited by a moderator:
I stir things in bowls clockwise, but I stir things in pans on the stovetop counter-clockwise. Does that make me ambidexstirious?

Really busy getting ready to go on a trip ..
Thank you for your message.
Here, we stir clockwise however, we each have our way & preferences.
Have a lovely summer ..

View attachment 9484
Photo Copyright: Francesca Guillamet

Patata Bravas, or Spanish spicy potatoes are one of the most popular Spanish tapas in the country. However, this récipe is not Patatas Bravas, it is fresh grilled sausages served in a terracotta earthenware with chunky potatoes (the same chunky potatoes as used in Patatas Bravas).

Ingredients
Fresh Spanish sausage
1 tbsp of evoo
4 to 5 large potatoes for frying.
1 tsp. of smoked pimentón paprika - La Vera
1 tsp of unbleached flour
1 cup beef broth
1 tiny guindilla (dried chilli pepper)
1 tbsp Italian tomato paste (jar)
1 tbsp white wine vinegar

Method
  1. Grill the Spanish sausage until tender yet well done, with a pinch of salt of choice.
  2. Slice the potatoes in chunks and fry in evoo for approx 25 minutes until golden.
  3. Just before the end of the frying, turn up the heat to brown the potatoes.
  4. Transfer the drained potatoes to a Dutch casserole.
  5. Prepare the Brava sauce, by heating 1 tbsp of evoo, the flour and paprika and gradually add 1 cup of beef broth or home made stock to the skillet. Stir clockwise constantly.
  6. Add the vinegar and the chilli pepper crumbled. Stir clockwise again.
  7. Check the seasoning and place the potatoes in the Dutch Casserole with the finished sausages that were grilled and drained from the oil and sausage fat.
This recipe can be made with turkey, pork, beef or vegetarian sausages. Serve in earthenware (cazuelas) and enjoy with a glass of Priorat oak aged red wine or Penèdes oak aged red wine, from: Las Bodegas Miguel Torres - called: Sangre de Toro.

Greedy recipe! And I'm a big fan of Sangre de Toro wine.

I have never seen anyone stir counter clock wise unless they are left handed which is obviously easier for Left handed people ..

Have a wonderful day ..

Back
Top Bottom