Tarragon Uses

DIna00

Veteran
Local time
12:38 PM
Maybe my jar of tarragon is old but I can not get a distinct flavor out of it. I think I'm pretty good with flavors and I'm able to incorporate most spices in my cooking, except for tarragon.

Is there a distinct flavor of tarragon? What do you add it to? Do you find it adds a very noticeable taste?

Tarragon goes well with tomato sauces ,I like it in hollandaise to make bearnaise,
It has a slight aniseed twang,goes well in sauce with chicken like coq au vin,
Some tarragon so are stronger than others when fresh ,French tarragon is a little milder

I, too, find tarragon a herb that has a distinctive taste and have to confess to rarely using it off my own accord unless a recipe calls for it. I'm not sure what it is about it really but it's just one herb that I rarely use!

I can't say I've ever used tarragon at all. I've seen a lot of recipes for a dish called Tarragon Chicken but all the talk of it's "distinctive taste" has put me off trying it.

I have only used tarragon a few times, and I don't even think I have a jar of it in my spice cupboard. I am trying to use more spices to flavor foods recently as opposed to frying them and cooking them with oher unhealthy methods. I am going to give Tarragon a try and see if I like it.

i used tarragon today with creamy mushrooms ,then used it in a puff pastry case ,basically a posh vol au vont

Back
Top Bottom