Teatime in Narnia: Mr. Tumnus' Burnt Sugar Cake

Rainymuffins

Local time
2:44 AM
IMG_2601.jpg

My treat this week was a step into the wardrobe. C.S. Lewis has been a favorite of mine since childhood, and I have always wished I could find myself in the middle of a wintry wood and bump into Mr. Tumnus with an armful of packages. Then he'd invite me to a scrumptious tea by a hearth, and fill my soul with tea cakes and magical tales.

I found this recipe for Mr. Tumnus' Burnt Sugar cake and there was no question that I had to try it. Here is the link to the recipe: http://yummy-books.com/2012/07/24/tea-with-mr-tumnus/

I topped the cake with my own creative twists, specifically the cherries and the nuts. It's a delicious cake. The burnt sugar really comes through the flavor, it's not overly sweet but rich in flavor. And so moist and decadent!

I will definitely be making this again, probably as cupcakes next time.

My treat this week was a step into the wardrobe. C.S. Lewis has been a favorite of mine since childhood, and I have always wished I could find myself in the middle of a wintry wood and bump into Mr. Tumnus with an armful of packages. Then he'd invite me to a scrumptious tea by a hearth, and fill my soul with tea cakes and magical tales.

Sounds like you would really like this book Cookbook with a twist! I like the way you are weaving literature into your cooking...

View attachment 20734

I found this recipe for Mr. Tumnus' Burnt Sugar cake and there was no question that I had to try it. Here is the link to the recipe: http://yummy-books.com/2012/07/24/tea-with-mr-tumnus/

I topped the cake with my own creative twists, specifically the cherries and the nuts. It's a delicious cake. The burnt sugar really comes through the flavor, it's not overly sweet but rich in flavor. And so moist and decadent!

I will definitely be making this again, probably as cupcakes next time.

This looks amazing! Great idea for the cherries and nuts, two of my favourite things in a desert :thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom