Review Tefal Store’Inn D0250D40 Food Processor.

Yorky

RIP 21/01/2024
Local time
12:25 AM
Tefal Store’Inn D0250D40 Food Processor.

My first food processor bought from Central (Robinsons), Thailand about 2 years ago. At the time we had two to choose from at roughly the same price but the other was black (Cuzimate)! I paid around Bht 4,000.00 (US$ 120.00) for it, made in France.

The first thing I noticed was it felt very light even with the jug attached, not necessarily a sign of cheap construction but that’s the opinion I had and my opinion hasn’t really changed (although it’s still in one piece). The suction feet are very positive on a melamine type surface so it will not move during operation (in fact, it’s difficult to move it when you wish to move it).

The “Store’Inn” name signifies that all the various blades may be stored in the drawer at the front. Since we first took the blades out we have been unable to fit them all back in the drawer and then close it which I find ironic. The blades are very sharp!

All I can say about its operation is that “it works”. I’m sure I don’t use it to its full potential as basically I use it to chop “dry” vegetables if I have a lot to chop (it’s not worth getting it out of the cupboard for one carrot or one onion). I’ve tried it for chopping tomatoes for curry and found that my 10 year old Philips blender is far superior and much easier to use and clean. The blender included in the package is useless compared with my Philips. It does not have a spice grinding attachment but if it did I’d be surprised if it was better than the Philips.

My conclusion is that if you regularly chop/slice a lot of cabbage, onions, carrots, parsnips, etc. it is adequate to do the job but it’s a high price to pay.

Last edited by a moderator:
An anecdote about this appliance: when we first opened the package and all the pieces, I was explaining to my wife that the chopping blade was extremely sharp and she should be very careful when using it/cleaning it.

I bloody cut myself on it!!!

tefal chopping blade s.jpg

Back
Top Bottom