Website
mykitcheninthemiddleofthedesert.wordpress.com
Most people have Bucket Lists.
Travel
Business
Home Furnishings
Outdoor Spaces
The sky's the limit.

Now how about we talk about our Culinary Bucket Lists?
And not only the foods <we'd like to eat> themselves, but how about where you would like to indulge them at?

A romantic picnic for two, nibbling on this or that.
A glass of the world's most expensive Champagne while in a Learjet, zooming off to one of your favorite destinations.

<edit-to add in a bit more definition>

Last edited:
Just a note: We have two Bucket List threads for Recipes and Cooking Styles/Techniques. I'm guessing this thread is about eating/dining bucket lists?

CD

Just a note: We have two Bucket List threads for Recipes and Cooking Styles/Techniques. I'm guessing this thread is about eating/dining bucket lists?

CD
I'm going to say, yeah.
What you'd really like to eat and maybe where, if that's part of your 'dream'.
<edit-I'd say my intent is more about you NOT cooking, but indulging>

Well, I already mentioned the Hot Brown, and eating it at the famous Brown Hotel, perhaps on Derby Day, would be fun.

Another place I'd like to dine would be The French Laundry in Napa Valley (chef Thomas Keller). Oh, and Le Bernardin in NYC (chef Éric Ripert).

CD

I don't quite know how to answer this. Maybe I'm just too simple in my tastes?

I think, as I get older, my bucket lists get smaller and smaller (not because I'm accomplishing things on it, but because I'm reconsidering and removing things), and I think my main bucket list may just be my travel one, but food and travel go hand-in-hand, so...now I'm side-tracked. :laugh:

Pizza in Naples, I guess that could be one. Nothing food-related would be for a specific restaurant, just more for whatever's good a particular location. I could happily spend the rest of my days having a full English breakfast in the morning and a Sunday roast lunch later in the day, with a few beers thrown in, at a decent village hotel somewhere in England. That's about as good as it gets to me (while still sneaking the occasional pizza in).

I don't quite know how to answer this. Maybe I'm just too simple in my tastes?

I think, as I get older, my bucket lists get smaller and smaller (not because I'm accomplishing things on it, but because I'm reconsidering and removing things), and I think my main bucket list may just be my travel one, but food and travel go hand-in-hand, so...now I'm side-tracked. :laugh:

Pizza in Naples, I guess that could be one. Nothing food-related would be for a specific restaurant, just more for whatever's good a particular location. I could happily spend the rest of my days having a full English breakfast in the morning and a Sunday roast lunch later in the day, with a few beers thrown in, at a decent village hotel somewhere in England. That's about as good as it gets to me (while still sneaking the occasional pizza in).

I've had pizza in Napoli (Naples). It was a cool experience.

I figured your travel bucket list would be 1.England, 2. England, 3. England, 4. England... and so on. :D

CD

At present I find travel such an added exhaustion, as I travel to work and back 4 h daily, so the most honest answer would be a home cooked meal at my home, cooked by someone else😊.

If for thread's sake it must include travel, then a destination not far away, perhaps Istria, or even closer, or better yet, in my city, enjoying a traditional, somewhat old fashioned meal would be lovely. In a restaurant or just a simple food inn. A creamy soup included.

Everyone, it's culinary, not to say that it must be inclusive of travel, I mean if that's what you want to do, then yes, but just mostly a food/meal bucket list ... maybe one that you don't even have to cook, but have someone else makes for you.
Something that you've been wanting to eat, really, that's it.

Back
Top Bottom